Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who is going out on Black Friday? >

Who is going out on Black Friday?

Who is going out on Black Friday?

Old 11-21-2013, 06:14 AM

I haven't made up my mind if I'm going out yet on black Friday. I work the 2 days prior and the 2 days after. Usually the only thing I've ever gotten on that day was a bolt of batting from JoAnn's. I still have a bolt. So, I don't NEED anything.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:15 AM

I will be going to Joanns. I make hundreds of Linus quilts and I like to back them with flannel. I asked the clerk at Joanns if they will be having their sale on flannel by the bolt again this year. She said yes. My husband is going to retire at the end of the year so I need to stock up on fabric at the lowest price I can get. Aside from that I won't be doing much shopping.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:23 AM

You could pay me a million dollars, and give me my choice of fabric for free, for life, and I still wouldn't leave the house on BF! I went once when my daughter was about 1 1/2 (she's 41 now) and swore, never again, and I haven't. I would rather pay the extra money on another day.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
I never go out on Black Friday. I do most of my Christmas shopping online and love having it all come to my door.
I'm with you, nygal. My shopping is all done, except for food items that I will need for the Christmas dinner. Black Friday will be spent relaxing and maybe quilting.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

We have Thanksgiving at our cabin in the woods. It is about 20 miles outside of a town. We pack up on Black Friday and head for home. I have gone shopping later on Black Friday years ago.
Grands are older and just want gift cards. Very easy for us.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:00 AM

I am dedicating Black Friday to quilting and listening to Christmas music or a good book on CD. I hope to finish one top that is started and perhaps make a serious dent in another top that is just started. Like most quilters I have several tops in process because when a new pattern comes along I just can't resist giving it a try. So, Thursday during the day before the feast and all day Friday are get 'um done days for me.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:01 AM
Jim

We always go for the bargains. It's long been a tradition and we laugh about the many things that we have seen and experienced over the years. Plus we have saved 1000's of dollars. More money for fabric!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:10 AM

I'm one of the non shoppers. I have only gone shopping on BF one time and then I did it just to see what goes on. LOL I went at 6 am so the stampede was over. I just send money.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by cassiemae View Post
Not me.......no way
You couldn't pay me enough money to go out that day. I hate to shop anyway.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:22 AM

BF is a tradition around our house. My DD and DDIL are now in their thirties so I am the designated line sitter and they run around with carts and shop the list. I bring hand sewing, they bring me coffee during the night. After so many years you see so many folks that you have sat with in years past it is nice to catch up.