does your CAT snore???

Old 11-21-2013, 06:45 PM

Olive snores, but my boys don't--she isn't too loud, just loud enough that I wonder "what is that sound?" before I realize that it is her.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Power Poster

Zoey sounds like heeeeee, heeeeeee and loud you can hear it over the tv. i'm so glad we all love our furbabies so much
Old 11-21-2013, 06:49 PM

Smoky, our male cat, well he used to be, snores like it's his job. We just laugh, but then he doesn't sleep in our room. Hemingway, our used to female, doesn't snore. She sleeps with us occasionally. Smoky weighs over 20 lbs., Hemingway about 8 lbs. Wonder if that's the difference...
Old 11-22-2013, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
My Princessa Zoey, snores like a lumberjack. Dr. says she's o.k. but at night it gets louder. I think coz she goes out with that boyfriend of hers, Patches, and they ride around in his helicopter all hours of the night. then she comes in and is tired and snoring. She snores all day too, but at night, forget it.
what do you do to silence the snoring. oh, she sleeps with dh and me.

Lynnie, I shouldn't laugh, but the way you wrote about it is so funny! You should write a children's book about Zoey's escapades.

Originally Posted by Janet L52 View Post
Oh yes, our cat, Throckmorton snores. He wakes me up every night (and he's in a different room) ! My husband snores, too, but that is much better with his C Pap machine. ( Maybe I need to talk to the vet about a C Cat machine?)
Throckmorton! Oh goodness- that has to be the funniest cat name ever! And Janet, when I read "C Cat machine" I hooted out loud. Our cat who passed away last year was named Muzzby. As in "I muzz be nuts to have gotten another cat"

Ragquilter I am sorry for your loss of CC. I don't think we ever forget pets we've loved.

If any one else has a cat that sounds like a tribble, be extra careful and make sure they are spayed or neutered. You know what they say about "The Trouble with Tribbles"!

Nativetexan, you are safe. Refrigerators don't need to be neutered.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:24 AM

I viewed a video online yesterday of a little orange duck, snoring on it's owners blanketed lap, so cute...
Old 11-22-2013, 10:44 AM

I never heard of cats snoring!!!!!!! what you don't learn on this QB! lol

I've never heard Tigger snore, hubby, plenty.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:58 AM

Location: Moved from Missouri to California June2013 have 1 son 2 daughters, all grown and 2 cats

My Hershey has a gentle manly snore, love to hear it when he's n my feet. He s the first cat I've ever had hat snored!
Old 11-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Power Poster

I try to get to sleep before everyone else does. DH and 3 dogs! Unfortunately, one very early morning I had to go down the hall and almost didn't make it. I stepped on a loose floor board and they all woke up with the most awful barking and yelling and I laughed so hard I almost didn't make it. The neighbors called to see if everything was ok. After all was said and done the 3 dogs and Dh went back to sleep. I was very much awake therest of the night.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

I noticed Zoey has different snores. At night whenshe sleeps on top of me, she SNORES like a baby mac truck. please, don't get me wrong, i'd never trade her in, she's my baby girl. Now she's on top of the couch, where it forms a comfortable v for her to sleep in, now it's a tribble sound, and kinda like a heeeeea, heeeeeea, so darn cute. I love to watch her sleep and chase things in her mind. she's an indoor girl, and fixed. She does go out thru the porthole under our bed. Her boyfriend now is Patches, the ginger cat, he's called Patches coz he has a patch over his eye, a motorcycle accident, but...he switches which eye it's on, so we just think it's there for the look. he's a studly sturdy cat.
Zoey is about 11 lbs, should be 10, but...how do I resist her asking for treats. any hints will be gratefully appreciated.
Aren't our furbabies just the greatest?!?
Tess, don't wait so long next time (lol).
Old 11-22-2013, 12:27 PM

My cat Lovie snores. He is one of 6 and the only one who does. :-)