Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 11-21-2013, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post

Mr. Vac told me never to use titanium needles. He said if there was something that caused the needle to break you wanted it to break rather than damaging something in the machine.
This is an excellent tip! I had considered buying titanium needles, but it makes sense that I would want the needle to break instead of the machine. I have inadvertently had my needle in the wrong position for the foot and broke the needle. A titanium probably would have damaged the machine.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:52 PM

Dj that is just awesome!!! She will love it!!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:19 PM

Do anyone have a Snap Hoop that they would be willing to sell that would fit a Brother PE700II. I fell in love with using it at the Bayou Embroidery University but they didn't have my model there.

It really works much better than my Magna Hoop!!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:35 PM

I owe a Janome 11000 and love I,t so I bought another one from a friend who got the 12000 Janome ( lucky duck!) and I can't embroidery on the one I bought... It keeps telling me needs P foot which is on the machine and everything is set up to emb but it won't recognize the foot (I guess).. I have it in shop (holding my breath it won't cost me a fortune!!) Has anyone else ever had this problem? and if so what did your repair man say?
Old 11-22-2013, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Marnie View Post
No matter how well you have your fabrics / quilt hooped there will sure to be some shifting and the second stitching on a double run design may not follow the first line exactly. The blurring of the lines may or may not bother you. Hope this helps.
I've read somewhere that wrapping the hoop will hold the fabric better, stop the shifting. Has anyone tried this, does it work, and if so what do you wrap with?
Old 11-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Banned

Since I started using "Hoop Grip" I have not had any fabric shifts.
When it starts to get to the point that I get some slipping I peel
the tape off and run a new strip.

Totally love the stuff, and I HIGHLY recommend trying it.

Originally Posted by Jratcliff View Post
I've read somewhere that wrapping the hoop will hold the fabric better, stop the shifting. Has anyone tried this, does it work, and if so what do you wrap with?
Old 11-23-2013, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Since I started using "Hoop Grip" I have not had any fabric shifts.
When it starts to get to the point that I get some slipping I peel
the tape off and run a new strip.

Totally love the stuff, and I HIGHLY recommend trying it.
Thank you. I'll look for it.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:18 AM

I have been going crazy figuring out an em, and ending up getting a singer future quartet seqs 6000. Done a couple of projects with it and have been happy so far. It has a big learner curve for me, and taking it step by step. Before I got it my plans was to do sweatshirts, and quilt labels (I am not there yet). So the price was right, and so much software came with it. Really don't have no hidden extra expense for me. My question is-what website do you feel have good free embroidery designs, I know some are probably better than others. I am really new at this and trying to figure everything out. Trying to figure out stabilizers, thread, etc. Any advice will sure be appreciated.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by GrandmaJeanne View Post
My question is-what website do you feel have good free embroidery designs, I know some are probably better than others. I am really new at this and trying to figure everything out. Trying to figure out stabilizers, thread, etc. Any advice will sure be appreciated.
There are tons of embroidery design websites out there and most will have a free pattern or two. Google works well for that. Artisticthreadworks.com has lots of free downloads and a weekly newsletter with the latest freebies. I have not had any problems with anything I've gotten from them. They also have lots of tutorials on just about anything you want to know, threads, which stabilizers to use, how to stitch on card stock, etc. I don't have any ties to the site, just like them.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:30 AM

www.embroiderylibrary.com is a good site to check out, they have lots of designs and everyone I have gotten from there has sewn out really well. They have 2 free designs each month and often run specials.