Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • iPhones-What do you like about yours? >
  • iPhones-What do you like about yours?

• iPhones-What do you like about yours?

Old 11-26-2013, 04:15 PM

I have an android Samsung and love it. Big bright display, good camera. I use it to surf web, text, as well as talk. DH just got an iphone and it's been a steep learning curve for him. He is not so sure he wouldn't have been better with an android as no one close to us has Apple products to help him/me with the learning curve. it does seem that those who have them love them.
    Old 11-26-2013, 04:26 PM

I'm an Apple geek - every electronic I own is Apple. I've never had anything so dang easy to learn. I've got a short temper when it comes to electronics. If it is too difficult or takes too long to learn, it's outta here!
    Old 11-26-2013, 05:10 PM

I have both the iPhone and iPad. I love both. I use them both to connect to the internet with wifi. I also use GPS on the iPad while travelling so I don't flatten the iPhone battery. I no longer buy quilt magazines, just save free internet ones on the iPad in iBooks that I print out as needed on a wifi printer. I back up on iCloud. Also like to watch video tutorials on the iPad as I can pause while sewing. After purchasing a PC with Windows 8, which is like Vista, a disaster, I will be purchasing a Mac after it dies!
    Old 11-26-2013, 06:12 PM
    Power Poster

I use Face Time to talk to my grands. It's simple, fast and it works. I use it to comparison shop. There are several apps that will show you the prices of any item within you area by reading the barcode. I show the lowest to the store and ask if they will match it. If not I don't buy it there. That saves me a lot of money over the year. You can download the Kindle app and read books. The internet is not easy to browse as the screen is so small but I do check my email when I'm stuck in a waiting room. I have the unlimited data from years ago and am grandfathered in so I have no worry about how much data I use. When you are in a free wireless area you don't use your phone data plan.
    Old 11-26-2013, 07:09 PM

What do I enjoy most about my iPhone all of it when I remember too charge it.
    Old 11-26-2013, 07:28 PM
    Power Poster

I have an iPhone and Mac computer and truly love them. I use my iPhone for so much. Calendar, address book, GPS, a few games, download books from library, listen to radio, watch tv free on apps, read this board, and more than I can put down. It keeps me company when there is down time away from home. I do Face time with the grand kiddies and there is a way to enlarge the font for texting and email. I don't have it save passwords so feel safe if it gets lost. Can't say enough how much easy pleasure it gives me.
    Old 11-26-2013, 07:37 PM

I love my iphone. I resisted for years then when I found out I could put my home phone number on my cell phone, I attached to my DH's plan for less than my landline phone cost. If you are a stargazer, you will love the Sky Map App. You just point your phone at the star and it tells you what it is. Even during the middle of the day and thru a building. It's been a hoot for my Scouting son and husband. It even says what is on the other side of the earth. Quite funny at times. It is truly a mini computer for your hand.
    Old 11-26-2013, 11:23 PM

I don't have an iphone but I do have an ipod touch. I like it well enough, but when it came time to buy a smartphone, I chose android. At first it was because of the price difference. But now I LOVE my phone and it has made me just like my ipod touch instead of loving it. Now I use my ipod only for reading and a couple of games that I can't get for the android. I love that the android doesn't have all the proprietary stuff apple has. I can use any movie files, any music files, any picture files, and I don't have to use that blasted itunes. I love the bigger screen and I love that I have so much more creative freedom with it.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I bought it unlocked and use it with straight talk. I get unlimited talk, text and web for $45 per month.
    Old 11-26-2013, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom
    I love my iPhone and remember apps and updates are free
    Not all apps are free. Also, a few years ago there was an update that cost. I paid $10 or so for it on my ipod touch and my friends with iphones also had to pay.
    Old 11-27-2013, 03:12 AM

The android has so much more in apps BUT I use the iphone because I can read it better. When I went to get smart phone kids said must get android. I actually cried using it from frustration. After a week took in and exchanged for iPhone to try. There must be a very fine fluttering with the android that doesn't work with my eyes because the iPhone is steady. My kids and husband laugh at me and think I am imagining things but I know I see less wavy with iPhone. Also the iphone is simpler and less chaotic in my spend some time at the store reading both at the same time on a familiar site like quilting board and see what you think.