Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW >

2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

Old 12-02-2013, 11:04 AM

We're going to have a great group! 30+ have shown interest so far. I am making 10" blocks. I have the first 4 printed...need more ink. I will keep printing so I can work on cutting the papers and have that step out of the way...great thing to do in front of the tv.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:08 PM

What is the link to the Yahoo group? I tried to find it and couldn't.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by sewmany View Post
I been trying to join the Yahoo group. When it ask toenter the code and then click the request, it doesn't do anything. I wonder if I am doing something wrong.? !! ? totally confused. I contacted Carol Doak in her website. but pretty much just giving up trying to join.
Yes, me too! I gave up. I have the book anyway.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:41 PM

Did you get the phone message with the code? They send it to your cell. Once I got that I was able to join but still haven't found the section for the 50 stars.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:53 PM

Sorry, I can't help with the yahoo group...I haven't joined it since I have the book and the foundation factory for printing.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:24 PM

Wow it sounds like a great group.I did this last time and I love how it came out. Carrie I love your fabrics. I will be lurking here this year to see everyones blocks. It is amazing how different they all look.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:17 PM

I was able to sign up with the Yahoo group but I can't see where it will be this specific BOW in the group over there. I hope we still post HERE too!! I also have the book and recently bought the Foundation Factory. I went thru my stash and pulled a lot of fabrics that I will be using. I will post pictures of my fabrics soon.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:26 PM

nygal--this group is not "related" to the yahoo group other than we are both making the 50 Stars. I think someone mentioned it because they have files you can download for printing the blocks so you don't have to scan/copy your book. The plan for this thread is to post pictures of our blocks each week. Probably every 10 weeks we will post a group picture of our blocks to see how the quilts are coming together.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:54 AM

Y'all be sure to check the older thread on this quilt. I have just been perusing it, now I'm going to actually read it. meanmom's and whitepine's quilts are stunning! I am sure there are more, those are the ones I saw this morning. One light and one dark, totally separate approaches to backgrounds, but beautiful. It makes me really want to use a single background color. One said 7 1/2 yards of background. That's doable. Of course, I'd probably buy about 10 just to be safe! There is a back to be done also. What a perfect way to get over the hustle and bustle of Chrismas. Start in a project.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:05 AM

Just a note to reiterate...the blocks are NOT free at the Carol Doak website. You need to buy the book or book with CD to print the blocks. (I belong to both groups...QB and Carol Doak).

Sounds like a fun group. I'd like to join, but right now, too many projects going on to commit. I've made four of the stars previously (Florida, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and New York) - the states I've lived in - about 5 years ago. I'd post pictures, but still can't figure out how to do this. (Will have to ask DD for help I guess).

Good luck to the group. Looking forward to seeing the wonderful quilts.

Anita