Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone Tried Sewline Fabric Pencils? >

Anyone Tried Sewline Fabric Pencils?

Anyone Tried Sewline Fabric Pencils?

Old 12-04-2013, 10:26 AM

Default Anyone Tried Sewline Fabric Pencils?

A while back I asked about Frixxon pencils by Bic and what kind of experiences people have had with them...apparently the reviews are pretty mixed as some love them and some don't care for them. I saw an ad for Sewline Fabric Pencils in a quilting magazine...are they new or have I just never heard of them? They look like they would be perfect...but again how well do the markings remove and has anyone experienced them coming back?
Old 12-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

I've been using a sewline marking pencil for years- I like it= I get a nice fine line, have never had a problem removing the markings- just don't heat set them- I always launder my quilts as soon as I have the binding is done and I've never had problems removing marks- I like my sewline pencil mainly because I can change leads to the color I need to show up on the quilt I am marking- nice fine line that does not skip. there will probably be some who have not had good luck -or do not like them but for me mine has been my go-to marking pencil for at least the past 7 years.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:18 AM

I have a sew fine pen and did enjoy using until I started using the chalk roller. I mark a small area quilt and it comes off as i go. They have different colours and I have 2 now a dark and light.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:10 PM

Dottymo, what is the brand of chalk roller? Seems I'm always looking for the "best" quilt marking tool. Right now I'm using the purple vanishing marker or a Bonin chalk pencil, but the colored chalk doesn't seem to come out easily on my test sample. And the vanishing marker isn't very wet and skips.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Banned

I just bought some a few months back and really like them. I have not had any issues with the marking washing out and they have many colors to choose from. They have a fine line and work great!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:39 PM

Been using them for about 2 years and love them! Green is my go-to lead. Shows up on EVERYTHING but green, and washes out beautifully!
Old 12-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

I have the pink one and think that is the name. Got it at my LQS. I've only used it a few times but it worked fine.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:37 PM

I swear by mine and use a small artist's brush dipped in water to remove the lines, much easier than erasing and it doesn't stretch the fabric. The lines are nice and fine...stay put while you need them, but come off easily when you want them to.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:39 PM

I have them in several colors. I love them.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:38 PM

Yes, I love mine.......also a tip from one of my local quilt store owners..........buy the refills and they will go into a mechanical pencil! So I have the original and some mechanical pencils in different colors with the different refill colors!