Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How Do You Clean Your Wood/Tile Floors? >

How Do You Clean Your Wood/Tile Floors?

How Do You Clean Your Wood/Tile Floors?

Old 12-04-2013, 12:35 PM

I went back to Google and found a way to order from their website. They are expensive items, but I'll give them a try and report back. Hopefully they will be here shortly....with a good report.

Originally Posted by Wintersewer View Post
I tried to find out info about NORWEX, but it was nothing but annoying. The website is hard to read, or rather the catalog is impossible to read with small light colored print. I HATE having to buy from a person. HATE!!! I got an email stating that she would contact me within 5 days. What kind of service is that?????? Their claims sound too good to be true anyway.....so......
Old 12-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Power Poster

I only use Wood floor cleaner on my solid oak hardwood floors. They have a factory finish, high traffic areas look new.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:47 PM

I've tried everything, and I finally got a Shark Sonic Duo Hardwood cleaner at Walmart. You can use as much cleaner as you want, and it has two pads that move back and forth to clean, and it glides over the floor very easily. I also use the buffer pads (sold separately) and it buffs it really nice. I have 4 dogs, a cat and a husband that doesn't take off his shoes. I'm in a wheelchair, and it makes marks with a lot of cleaners. I had a steam cleaner, tried Bruce cleaner, Pledge everything. But this cleaner absolutely works, I can use it sitting in my wheelchair, and I do have to say, the buffer it the final trick to make them look like new. I would recommend it to everyone with hard wood floors.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:19 PM

Steam kills germs. I love my Shark I can do all the floors or just spot clean whenever I want. You will love it
Old 12-05-2013, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
DH just told me he wants to buy a Shark Pro Steamer for cleaning floors. He thinks this will do a better job than the special cleaners by Bona. I'm leery because we had a steam cleaner before. I just kept think when I used it before that it was just plain water without a cleaner and is that really that clean, just using water? We have a dog who brings in dirt all the time and I get his point. But…..I'm just not sure. DH is a toy boy….he likes all these "contraptions" as I call them. I'm a basics person, I clean with vinegar and water for the tile floors and Bona for the wood floors.
I just put new tile in my kitchen and bought a shark pro steamer. I read on the shark web site they do not recommend using their steamers on unglazed tile. Unfortunately my tile is unglazed so I returned the steamer. A lot of folks posted they use a steamer on tile.....are you using on unglazed tile with no issues? There was no explanation on their site so not sure why they made that recommendation? I am not a tile expert by any means so I wonder what damage it could do?
Old 12-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

steam on tile is fine NEVER on wood laminate or real wood!!!!
Old 12-06-2013, 08:47 AM

My tiles are glazed or sealed, I've actually never seen unglazed tiles used on floors. Sorry I can't help there.

My guess would be unglazed, if you steam, you will saturate the tile material and possibly pop up the adhesive?
Old 12-06-2013, 05:33 PM

I use steamcleaner on all my lamanite floors does wonderful job and just toss the cover in the washing machine.
Steam doesn't hurt the wood or dull the finish.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:36 PM

I use steam cleaner on my lamanite floors and very happy with the results. Its doesn't harm the floor and just toss the cover in the washing machine. We have it in the kitchen were it gets the most dirt it seems.