Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 11- See Changes - Sign-ups OPEN through 12/10 >

Boom 11- See Changes - Sign-ups OPEN through 12/10

Boom 11- See Changes - Sign-ups OPEN through 12/10

Old 12-05-2013, 09:27 PM

Ok, Jaba, you've got my purple, silver and black, AND batik! Sounds like a hat trick! I'm joining, have joined, just try ing to decide which fabric to send. I will make my choice this weekend and have it ready to roll by the tenth. Getting close!
Old 12-06-2013, 06:26 AM

I washed and dried my fabric and plan to cut the fat eights tonight or tomorrow. I picked a floral, will get a picture over the weekend, black background with packed flowers in pale tones. I think I will ask that no solid black be used, as I will use that for sashing. Still on the fence on that one. I am doing more than one set, but will use the same fabric for all. I want a really big quilt with small sashings. If I have too many blocks, I will make pillow shams, etc.!! This is going to be a LOT of fun!!
Old 12-06-2013, 06:52 AM

[QUOTE=buslady; This is going to be a LOT of fun!![/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that one. I'm just sitting on go too. All I have left to do is to make sure the correct number of F8s are in each of my packages and take them to the post office to be weighed. I'm using the Priority tyvek envelopes. You just can not rip those things apart. I'll have my postage (in stamps) put on my return envelopes, seal them and away they'll go!!
Let the fun begin!!
Old 12-06-2013, 07:15 AM

hat trick sounds good to me nancia and lj you always come up with nice blocks!! Just waiting for the list.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:40 AM

Just an fyi, I'll be out of touch until Sunday morning. I'll answer any emails or posts at that time. Thanks and have a good weekend.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:30 AM

I am hoping that I did that inadvertantly send a message to Janice opting out of this swap as I do want to be in this swap. I think that I got it confused with Kelly's group. anyways, here is my fabric. I amgoing to make a child's quilt to give away to charity. I have enough to make a child's quilt but not sure if I have enough for everyone to have. If not I will pick some other fabric too. anyways I am thinking that just adding the brown shade in the fabric would be nice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]450189[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0508.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	450189  
Old 12-06-2013, 12:41 PM

I like getting the squishes too, but this way people will be held up to their end of the bargain! I have been in several Booms and have not received all my blocks, and that's happened more than once. Then I see their names in the next swap?????? I know things happen just let the others know. I feel doing it this way will help people from getting their feelings hurt!
Just my opinion!
Now may the swapping begin! LOL
Penny
Old 12-07-2013, 01:43 PM

Default LAST CALL on BOOM 11

We have our groups formed now so I'm going to close this down a couple of days early. Anyone who might still be interested should review the very first post and then email me at the address provided. Should someone drop out at this point, I will fill their spot with anyone who emails me to join after this point.

To all those who have accepted our changes so gracefully and signed up, thank you! And to those who simply expressed interest and offered comments, thank you, too. I took a lot of your suggestions into consideration.

Boomers, we're almost ready!!! Now, what will we name ourselves??????

Janice
Old 12-07-2013, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
My theme is The Phantom Of The Opera (my all-time favorite movie), and I'm sending several different fabrics. The colors are jeweltone purple, red, green, and gold. Some of you will get blenders of these colors, and others will receive focal fabric with masquerade masks or sheet music. Everyone will get a square of The Phantom Of The Opera fabric (the last one in my photo) that you can incorporate into your block if you want. I plan to use black for the sashing. All blocks are welcome (traditionally-pieced, paper-pieced, applique', embroidery, etc.). I'll be using this same fabric for the other Boom swap here, as well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]449906[/ATTACH]
This one looks like a fun to work with. Pulse all the other ones that have posted their photos. It give me help in thinking of the fabric to add. If you look at my album for boom #10 I am containing with that fabric, but I only have 8 F8. will look for some contrasting color to go with it.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post

Boomers, we're almost ready!!! Now, what will we name ourselves??????

Janice
how about "Fresh Beginnings","Quilters just want to have Fun", "Sew with us", "Block Party"
Gee there are some many things you can use as a group name.