Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jo Ann's Fabrics On Line - Great Quilting Material >

Jo Ann's Fabrics On Line - Great Quilting Material

Jo Ann's Fabrics On Line - Great Quilting Material

Old 12-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Power Poster

Awesome!!!
Old 12-06-2013, 08:36 AM

I just ordered 1 yd of fabric and when it came there was a note saying that they gave me the extra 3/4 yard free because there was not enough left on the bolt to make a yard. Nice surprise. I had ordered some other stuff also.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:12 AM

OMG! The same thing happened to me! I was very excited! How often do you get "free" fabric? I was going to share too, wondering if any one else had that happen....
Old 12-07-2013, 04:30 AM

i was told by a manager at my local JoAnns that the fabric they carry is the same quality of that in quilt shops, since JoAnns buys so much at a time, they can sell it a little cheaper. Imagine buying for over 800 stores as opposed to buying for only 1 store, they get a deal on large quantity purchases, its the same quality fabric.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:53 AM

I have never bought fabric from JoAnns online. I have in a pinch bought some from the store. I have found I have to really watch how they cut the fabric as they cut it so close to the amount you ask for there is no wiggle room to even up the cutting etc without ending up with less than what you need so if you need a yard you had better buy more. Quilt shops allow for this and cut on the generous side so this is not a problem. I travel a lot and have been in a lot of JoAnns all over and have found this to be true. JoAnns is not a favorite of mine but sometimes it is the only alternative available.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations on such a good deal on fabric. I haven't ordered fabric from JoAnn's online yet, but I'm definitely going to consider it in the future.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

Great deal....I just got my black Friday order from Connecting Threads...They do the same thing. A lot of extras if it is at the end....I love their fabric....I also bought A bunch of fall fabric at 70% off at Hancocks two weeks ago....$2.69 a yard.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:16 PM

I have been told by 2 different quilters (one was from LQS) that the quality of Joann's fabric is not good.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:23 PM

Last week I ordered from Joanns, and received a phone call from them telling me that 3 fabrics, that I had ordered 2 yards of, they did not have 2 yards. He told me what they had, all were over 1 1/2 yard. I told them as long as they charged me for the smaller amount, sure, go ahead and send them. He told me they wold only charge for 1 yard!
They came, packed much better than I would have, and since they were having daily emails of specials with no shipping charge, I ordered again!
Old 12-07-2013, 02:36 PM

Glad you got extra..I have been shorted alot...contacted them and didn't seem to care ..
But I am very happy for you..