Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Please share your ideas for hidden storage >

Please share your ideas for hidden storage

Please share your ideas for hidden storage

Old 12-07-2013, 09:47 AM

When we did our kitchen over I had a few old drawers from cabinets being discarded. I realized they exactly fit the space under my couch and are hidden by the skirt. I have other old dresser drawers under my bed, too, though they aren't for fabric. Sorry I can't make it turn around.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]450396[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hidden Storage.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	450396  
Old 12-08-2013, 05:29 PM

I built a frame for my bed that raises my mattress and box springs 18" above the floor. Do you realize how much room that creates? For a king size, that is a lot of storage space. I have also seen couches home made that you can lift up the seats to have a huge storage space under them. Old time trunks for coffee tables or conversational pieces for storage, the list is endless with recycling possibilities.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:12 PM

My favorite storage for sewing goodies and essentials is my rolling ironing board it is made from a buffet I got at Costco. We covered it and it is awesome!!

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	450910   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	450911  
Old 12-09-2013, 07:55 AM

I am lucky to have a great space for my studio these days, but I've had my share of tight spaces too. I have this wall cabinet that's been part of my sewing space for years. Wherever my sewing "room" is, it goes too. It's about the size and depth of the cabinets designed to mount over the commode in the bathroom. You might check for one at a thrift store, which is where I got mine, or at a home improvement center. I just painted mine white to go with all the other thrift-store-mismatched-and-painted-white furniture in my sewing space.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]450948[/ATTACH]

Name:	CabinetDisplay.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	450948  
Old 12-27-2013, 08:18 PM

I buy the decorated heavy cardboard storage boxes from JoAnns. They clearance them out as each season ends, I got springtime prints on the outside of them at the beginning of summer, fall designs at clearance before Christmas, etc. They have a lid that is attached in back and flaps down over the front with a pretty ribbon tied in a bow, and come in several sizes to stack. They also have a pretty matching tag that looks like a gift tag on the bow that i write on what is in that box..I stack them everywhere throughout the house, one on my tall bedroom dresser for all the clutter that accumulates from hubby's pockets, and several in the sewing room, one with accessories for my machines, one for pins, thread, rulers, etc. you get the idea.I have a really pretty one on the hutch to keep bills, mail etc at hand but out of sight, I've stacked 3 them on the fireplace hearth, pretty much anywhere you have a space.. They are about the size of two shoeboxes side by side, give or take, and seem to come in three sizes so you can stack them largest to smallest..
Old 12-30-2013, 10:15 PM

really nice. took the liberty of turning your pics around to see better.[ATTACH=CONFIG]454038[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]454039[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]454040[/ATTACH]

Name:	Hidden%20Storage.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	454038   Click image for larger version

Name:	upside down 1.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	454039   Click image for larger version

Name:	upside down 2.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	454040  
Old 12-31-2013, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

A door! When I started quilting I took over the den. I had a carpenter come in and close off the area with a fake wall and door. When we moved the wall and door was easy to take out, nothing to refinish at all. The couple who bought the house wanted the wall and put it back.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:05 AM

LOL. If I could have a door or wall I wouldn't need to hide my stuff. The room is originally a family room and the kids have to walk through it to get to their own rooms. I thought about creating a hall inside the room but it would take away too much space that I need.