Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 12-09-2013, 09:11 AM
cjr

Thank you to my Secret Santa. No signature. Curious as to who it might be. My gifts came in a red postal service bag. 4 fat quarters, a chocolate bar and a cute angel made of a potholder, dish rag and towel. I got to baking yesterday and forgot to get on here.

Thank You SS
Old 12-09-2013, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
My person hasn't posted that she opened her package but I did receive a sweet card and picture from her a few weeks ago when she did receive it. So that was nice!!
So nygal if she sent u a card last week when she did receive it, then she had to have known who her ss was?
Old 12-09-2013, 09:59 AM

Ladies I hope you will all realize
that not all people make public
acknowledgement of their packages.
some send private pm's
some don't.
some come here some don't.
it is what it is.
just do the swap for the simple reason
of enjoying it.
if everyone were alike life would
get boring real fast.
This is not intended to
offend anyone.
it is just stating facts.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:07 AM

If you are having a problem with something, PLEASE PM me.

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazie View Post
My secret pal certainly didn't look at my posting on likes and dislikes. Oh well.

Forgive me for not using my board name.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:19 AM

Thank You very much LIZA63!! I loved my pretty package. Everything was just right. My furbabies had a ball "helping" me opening the box. Then I found out why.... lol. Cat Nip MICE!!! This the 1st ones they have gotten here at my house. They just had their one year annviersary on the 7th since we adopted them. It was a trip to watch. I'm having problems with the computer and it won't allow me to load any pics so I will try to list everything in this wonderful goodie box.

Liza63 is my Secret Santa and she sent to me:
a glue stick which is great when I applique!!
Postie tabs for marking those "want to do" magazine patterns,
an address book so I'm not losing snail mail addy's anymore,
recipe cards - those are great for recipe swapping,
a "candy" wash cloth that expands-too cute.
Some black & white gutermann's thread .. love that stuff!
4 Batik fat quaters for my Batik HST project that I'm collecting for,
a cheerful fairy notecard set... great for "just thinking of you" notes,
a Bosal 2" watercolor grid that is 48" X 36"-- this is something new to me...can't wait to try it.
Bit & pieces #289 Changing Seasons-a duo set of wool mat patterns of Autumn & Winter... I know right where these are going once I complete them They are soooooo me.
"Snowed In & Lovin" It" embroidery pattern from chickadeehollowdesigns.com Prefect as we just got our first accumalting snow fall here in Barryton, MI. last night.
a Sewing basket figurine with a "vintage" Singer, bolts of fabric, a star quilt and other quilting related items inside it. I put it with my other quilty items next to my rocking chair where I hand quilt.
a 3" sewing basket pincushion that has a nice "homemade aged" look to it - precious. It looks just right there on the end table where I sit.
And finally this super cute Snow Cream card. It has the Snowmen in different ice cream cones.

For Honey Bee and Nosy Rosy... she sent them 3 cat nip mice and a bag of Temptation kitty treats.

Thank You very Very much Liza "We" love our box. Hoping everyone has a wonderful Holiday Season.

Tricia
Old 12-09-2013, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
Ladies I hope you will all realize
that not all people make public
acknowledgement of their packages.
some send private pm's
some don't.
some come here some don't.
it is what it is.
just do the swap for the simple reason
of enjoying it.
if everyone were alike life would
get boring real fast.
This is not intended to
offend anyone.
it is just stating facts.
Thank you for that reminder. I do get on here and thank the sender after receiving a package, but the recent ice storm has just about paralyzed this area. I left for church yesterday as the ice was thawing somewhat and 10 minutes later found myself in a bar ditch. No damage or injury, but I didn't get back home until today. I'm so sorry that I disappointed the person sending my package by not being able to be on this forum yesterday afternoon -- she posted twice that I hadn't thanked her! I was enjoying the hospitality of a complete stranger as her husband and son took their tractor to pull my car from the ditch, then they refused to let me come home by myself as the freezing weather returned. Somehow being on here at the appointed time completely slipped my mind (I wonder why?). I opened the package within a couple of hours of getting home this morning and PMed the sender. That was the very best I could do.

Last edited by Belfrybat; 12-09-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:18 AM

NYGAL, I was just curious....thot maybe it was an "oooopsie!"
Old 12-09-2013, 12:05 PM

I will try to post pics maybe tomorrow of my gifts from Wonnie...for some reason my computer is fighting me today...keeps shutting down when I attempt to download pics. Will have hubby check things out later....
Old 12-09-2013, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
Thank you for that reminder. I do get on here and thank the sender after receiving a package, but the recent ice storm has just about paralyzed this area. I left for church yesterday as the ice was thawing somewhat and 10 minutes later found myself in a bar ditch. No damage or injury, but I didn't get back home until today. I'm so sorry that I disappointed WHAT'S DISAPPOINTING IS CERTAINLY NOT YOU AND DON'T YOU FEEL THAT WAY.the person sending my package by not being able to be on this forum yesterday afternoon -- she posted twice that I hadn't thanked her! I was enjoying the hospitality of a complete stranger as her husband and son took their tractor to pull my car from the ditch, then they refused to let me come home by myself as the freezing weather returned. Somehow being on here at the appointed time completely slipped my mind (I wonder why?). I opened the package within a couple of hours of getting home this morning and PMed the sender. That was the very best I could do.
.................................................. .........
Old 12-09-2013, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
NYGAL, I was just curious....thot maybe it was an "oooopsie!"
I did use my real return address and name on the outside of the package I sent to her. But for her to find out I was "nygal" she'd have to open the Christmas card that was inside the box. But if she did a search for my State...we'll then she may have been able to "guess" who I was. She was sweet in the card and note she sent me. She even included a picture of herself and her husband. It was a very nice way to find out that she received my package.