Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW >

2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

Old 12-09-2013, 02:10 PM

I'm doing all colors of a batiks and getting a light cream batik for consistency in the background. Unless I think of something different.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
I'm doing all colors of a batiks and getting a light cream batik for consistency in the background. Unless I think of something different.

That is what I was thinking also, a cream or pale pink or purple.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:13 PM

I have decided I will use Batiks again. I ordered three yards of a nice cream for the background today and a nice orange batik...to add to my stash!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:41 AM

I have the book too and have set it aside with the thought....some day I will do this. LOL Well I think that someday has arrived. My problem is that I will be in Australia for three weeks in January so maybe I should start now. LOL.
I will have to go find the book first. I have no clue how to paper piece so it will be a totally new learning experience for me.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:35 PM

I also started with the last group and got side tracked by a broken elbow. I am not sure I will be able to jump back into this now but will try. I will look forward to checking in on progress anyway. Mine were scrappy the last time. If I start again I might try to have a color scheme. These are such pretty blocks when done.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:16 PM

urgodschild2--If you have time to start now, getting the first 3-4 blocks done would be a great idea. Then when you return from your trip you will be ready to start. If you don't get them done, you can always just catch up through out the year.

I did some figuring today and need to make 10 extra blocks (using some of the "combo blocks" shown in the beginning of the book). I'll be making 2 quilts (10" blocks) 5x6 layout, plus sashing and borders.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:19 AM

I will start on some before January. My biggest problem is that I am restoring my downstair livingroom/dining room. My daughter has lived with me for 2 1/2 years do to unemployment. She got a job in her field and it is a super job and she found a home to move to and she and my grandson moved out this last weekend. When I moved back to my townhouse here in CA 3 years ago, I did not get to unpack a lot of my own stuff as my daughter was moving in and the living room was turned into her bedroom. So it is sort of like moving in for me too. My sewing table is my dining room table and my son and I have piled all the stuff around on top of it and I can't even find my sewing machine at the moment. I am hoping by Sat that we will have every thing put right again. Even putting up my Christmas tree.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:58 AM

ohhh i am so excited. i think i need a fabricoholics anonymous group --i bought 7 yards of kona in charcoal for the background, and i was going to go scrappy, then yesterday i bought 4 yards of a really pretty robert kauffman fabric on a 30% off sale. i love love love it. i think it would go well with the charcoal, if i picked up a little more of the colors that are in it. decisions decisons.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:38 PM

OK, I'm gonna take a try at this again. Have had the book for years, joined up last year, but did make only a couple. I like the idea of QAYG, so that's what I'm gonna try. I think mine will be scrappy as I have a lot of smaller scrappy pieces.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:37 PM

I started mine in batiks with the idea of using a consistent background color but got carried away on a few blocks with print or striped backgrounds. I'll keep with this plan. It will probably look like the dog threw up his lunch but I like using whatever colors strike me that day. Paperpieceme, it's a shame that you may have to do some more shopping LOL.