Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
December Secret Pal Swap closes Nov 30th 4pm CDT >

December Secret Pal Swap closes Nov 30th 4pm CDT

December Secret Pal Swap closes Nov 30th 4pm CDT

Old 12-10-2013, 06:18 PM

OK, SP. Post the pic!!! People need to see and hope and wish and go ooh and aww...ahem.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:03 PM

I haven't gotten on this thread since the last day of signups. Of course with it not being as chatty as it usually is I was able to catch up on things quicker.
Krystyna sorry to hear you had a medical issue and glad you are out of the hospital and hope they are able to figure out what the cause was so you can safeguard against it. Wonderful news you found a house & it sounds like it may be very nice for you. Work on lowering your anxiety about it being nearer to the water than you wanted, maybe the studio room will help.
Lori in the hospital, hope she is doing better by now.
With so many having problems ~get well wishes for all and praying for everyone's needs.
Sue, I rushed to get your package ready and to the PO on Thurs. as we were in line for a Friday forecast of rain, sleet and snow with temps below freezing for days, and I didn't know if I would get a chance after all that to get it done. I would hybernate if I could but had to go to work on Monday, and driving was ok. I used the self-serve and the PO will print out the destination based on your zip-and I am guessing it is based on the place that sorts the mail. I'm glad you got it and like it and hope you have fun doing some more fabric shopping.
Now I can sit back relax, at least when I get home, and wait to see where my package comes from. Nice packages coming in.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
Sent my SP her gift today! Now as for clues...the city is abundantly rich in water, with twenty lakes and wetlands, is the primary business center between Chicago and Seattle and as of 2012 the population was at 392,880 and as I type this your weather is at -1!! Ouch!
This has to be me! It is so cold here in Minneapolis right now. We haven't been above freezing in a couple weeks. When it's this cold all the days kind of run together. I'm definitely dreaming of the beach! Heck, even double digits (in the positives, that is!) sounds good right about now!

I haven't sent out my SP's package yet, but will by Saturday if not sooner. She has a request that had me digging through my stash since stores don't carry what she's looking for this time of year.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by sewdamncute View Post
So I trekked over the river and through the woods to the post office this AM, in the snow to mail my SP Package................ I pulled into the parking lot.
Phew! I had images of you on foot with a back pack and snow pole.....
Old 12-11-2013, 06:40 AM

Sent out my secret pal box yesterday,will get it on Tuesday. Your zip adds up to 16,and it's probley not very cold there,hope you like it!!
Old 12-11-2013, 07:31 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]451315[/ATTACH]I received a great package from Geandma Peg! I absolutely love the fun sporty santa fabric, there is a lot of yardage. Also some fun beachy fabric for a quilt I am collecting for. A great christmas theme moda charm pack, a cutter, yummy chocolates (barely made it in pic ) a cute table runner, oh so many goodies to name! Thank you so much! I have already started to read the applique quilt book.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	431.3 KB
ID:	451315  
Old 12-11-2013, 09:17 AM

Oops! In the ice and sleet, including getting stuck in a bar ditch trying to get the church on Sunday, I apparently forgot to post the pic of the goodies I received from dotcomdtcm. So sorry!
It was a lovely package including fqs, template, pincushion, homemade cards, notecards, potholders and butterflies. Thank you so very much, Dottie.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]451340[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Dec sp recd1.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	451340  
Old 12-11-2013, 12:04 PM

To my secret pal who likes charms......hope you get your package on Sat.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:05 PM

Nice pkgs all! Madbury...
Old 12-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Power Poster

Glad you like your package Jami.
Nice packages coming in.