Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 12-10-2013, 02:22 PM

Thank you Terria for running a great swap...so many smiles on faces I am sure.

I haven't heard from my Secret Pal that I sent a package to, so if you don't correspond on here I hope you read this knowing I was wondering if you liked your surprises. I enjoyed shopping for you and am hoping you got somethings you wanted.
Again to my sender, I will open my package at the end of the week and will post pictures after. advance thank you.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:39 PM

I received a lovely package from QuiltyMom (Sue). We had a bit of misunderstanding, but I think have worked it out. Sometimes words "sound" differently written than they were meant. She sent me a lot of butterfly fabric, a neat pincushion/scissor set, table runner, template, two angel ornaments, lotion, hand sanitizer in a holder, potpourrie, and one of her "famous" hand crafted cards. Thank you very much, Sue.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451218[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	QB SS rec.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	451218  
Old 12-10-2013, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
Thank you Terria for running a great swap...so many smiles on faces I am sure.

I haven't heard from my Secret Pal that I sent a package to, so if you don't correspond on here I hope you read this knowing I was wondering if you liked your surprises. I enjoyed shopping for you and am hoping you got somethings you wanted.
Again to my sender, I will open my package at the end of the week and will post pictures after. advance thank you.
I realize it's none of my business but if I were your Secret Santa, I'd be very sad right now. I was very excited and anxious, to find out if my Secret Santa recipient liked what I sent . . . and was hoping she'd be equally excited to open it. Reading her response to what I'd sent, was one of the high points of the swap, for me. If she'd purposefully made me wait an extra week, I'd probably be in tears, about now.

For the sake of your Secret Santa, please open go ahead and open the gift she sent you, so that she can enjoy your reaction and know it makes you happy.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:36 PM

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters

I have not heard a peep from my SSR, sent her a PM. I realize that the weather conditions and conditions of life might preclude reading this board. I was just excited about one of the gag gifts relating to Coconut rum and hot chocolate!
Old 12-10-2013, 05:54 PM

Hi everyone....I recieved a wonderful package from Teresa, lotion, quilt books (2) I love quilting books. dog treats and a toy, lots of fabric, houseslippers, flavored coffee, popcorn, needles ,tape, homemade handwarmers ( my hands are always cold, so they will be used alot) hope I didn't forget anything, could have because there was alot....
Thanks again Teresa....
BillieJean
I wanted to post pictures but I can't seem to be able to get them...sorry
Old 12-10-2013, 09:03 PM
som

still havnt heard from my ss ,she didn't send her name in my goodie box , but if you read this ,just want you to know ,I loved everything you sent ,and I mean everything ,it was a perfect gift, thanks a lot SOM
Old 12-10-2013, 11:26 PM

Default Packaged Received

FYI, Annt59 let me know through a PM that she received the package I sent to her. Sorry, I didn't take a picture of the contents before I sent the package. I did take a picture while I was in progress of making her a little mini quilt that was included. This was the "flimsy" of it. Hopefully, she will get a chance to post some pictures soon.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Christmas Tree for Annt59.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	451276  
Old 12-11-2013, 03:08 AM

Forgive me if I tread on anyone's toes - you can blame on me being a 'foreigner' if you like, but I've been reading all the posts for the last few days and see there is quite a bit of hurt feelings. Never underestimate the power of the written word.

I haven't been terribly active on this thread. Although I started off in fine fettle, the endless pages of stream of consciousness posts are not for me - I find them too exhausting to keep up with, so decided not to, and only dipped in and out from time to time. My choice.

I know that lack of thread participation by 'swappers' annoyed some people and there was bad feeling which Terri thankfully jumped on. Some 'joking' posts were clearly thinly veiled digs in order to 'encourage' people to join in more. I suspect others felt like me - they simply couldn't/didn't want to keep up. Some days there were hundreds of posts akin to a chat room. This may have intimidated some who may have otherwise joined in. Others just don't post, but prefer to stay in the background. Anyway it's their choice.

Another area of hurt feelings was that not everyone joined in the opening at the same time. Some people need to realise that this is a fun swap and this opening may not be the most important event in their lives............ The rules state "There will be a chat session, so everyone can come and we can open our gifts together." It doesn't say you HAVE to open your gift at that time, although that is a huge part of the fun for many. Bear in mind that this gift bought by someone else, might be the only gift they get this Christmas. It is their choice how they decide to savour it. Others will have simply have forgotten about the parcel that arrived weeks ago. (Mine did last year - the world didn't end.)

Similarly, life gets in the way of people posting on time. I know six or so weeks is a long time. If only all our lives are so perfect that all we have to do is organise one parcel and pop it in the post............. Some people may have to wait for pay day and it may be a large chunk of their budget. I will repeat the previous sentiment when my own parcel wasn't posted on time, 'We do not know what goes on behind closed doors'.

As for not liking what you got sent - words truly fail me. Isn't it about giving, not getting?

I'm nearly ready to jump off my soapbox now. However, one thing I would love to see introduced is that all participants have to send a personal message of thanks to their sender. I was brought up to always send a 'Thank you' letter for any gift I received and I really don't think it's too much for people to write a short private message of thanks. They don't have to participate on the thread, but can if they want to. I too love seeing all the parcels and I choose to post pictures. Sending a short 'Thank you' would circumvent a lot of bad feeling - you may find out why they were late/didn't join in the thread/didn't open 'on time'.

So, in the true spirit of Christmas - it is better to give than receive, thinking of others before ourselves. Surely that's the true intention of the Secret Santa? I know that this may offend some people and may feel as if I'm sermonising. You are free to disagree - it's your choice.
Peace to you all.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:32 AM

Knitette. I enjoyed reading your post just now. Well said. I personally appreciate whatever gifts I received. My Secret Santa Marsharini was very generous. I am so excited for next year. I am truly thankful for the thoughtfulness that goes into one of these swaps. This was my first year. I hope that everyone who participated and all of those that didnt participate feel blessed and I wish for everyone to have a Very Merry CHRISTMAS.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:33 AM

You echo my sentiments knitette...couldn't have said it better.