Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW SWAP!  Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks! >

NEW SWAP! Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks!

NEW SWAP! Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks!

Old 12-11-2013, 02:03 PM

I have a question,did anyone put their name on their blocks? I did only because we always have and it's nice to know who your blocks are from. I wrote my board name on a small piece of paper and sewed it to the edge of my blocks.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:32 PM

Jane, my 5 sets are in the mail to you.
Girls, Sorry, I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet, so -- surprise! for how mine look.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by letsquilt View Post
I have a question,did anyone put their name on their blocks? I did only because we always have and it's nice to know who your blocks are from. I wrote my board name on a small piece of paper and sewed it to the edge of my blocks.
I knew I forgot something!!! I always like to know too and now I know what I forgot. Already sent my black and white and brights too, but batiks I will remember. Thanks for reminding me.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:57 PM

Jane, you are not going to cause problems. LOL. DH would never forbid me to do something I really want to do, so if there is a month I have the fabric for and I really want to get in on, I for sure will. LOL Actually, he would never forbid me to do anything, as that would be a sure way to get me doing it if I was so inclined. Heehee. We don't tell each other what to do, I just couldn't find a good answer to his logic.
Next one I join, I will use all one fabric, then I'll get all different ones back and that will make more sense.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:03 PM

Ready to do final seams on set # 4 (my last set) of the 30s prints and have fabrics picked out for black/white/bright ones. It was harder than I expected to find brights that read as solids in my stash - most of mine are multicolor prints.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:58 PM

Jane my blocks are on there way to you,now to get started on the black/white ones
Old 12-12-2013, 01:10 PM

Linda --

I was thinking like your DH then it hit me....I made two sets - each set is made from one type of 1930's fabric, but I'll be getting back 2 sets with a total of 12 DIFFERENT 1930's fabric blocks. So it saved me lots of money swapping vs. going to the store to buy fabric and white tone-on-tone and for 12 different blocks! Well worth the postage and time for me.

Also, since I already had 12 different blocks already made, when I receive my swap blocks I'll have 24 different blocks and only need to make a few more to make a lap quilt. That's time and money saved! and I have a beautiful quilt made with love by some of the very best and generous quilter friends I could ask for!

How's that for justification!?

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
Jane, you are not going to cause problems. LOL. DH would never forbid me to do something I really want to do, so if there is a month I have the fabric for and I really want to get in on, I for sure will. LOL Actually, he would never forbid me to do anything, as that would be a sure way to get me doing it if I was so inclined. Heehee. We don't tell each other what to do, I just couldn't find a good answer to his logic.
Next one I join, I will use all one fabric, then I'll get all different ones back and that will make more sense.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Stitch124 View Post
Linda --

I was thinking like your DH then it hit me....I made two sets - each set is made from one type of 1930's fabric, but I'll be getting back 2 sets with a total of 12 DIFFERENT 1930's fabric blocks. So it saved me lots of money swapping vs. going to the store to buy fabric and white tone-on-tone and for 12 different blocks! Well worth the postage and time for me.

Also, since I already had 12 different blocks already made, when I receive my swap blocks I'll have 24 different blocks and only need to make a few more to make a lap quilt. That's time and money saved! and I have a beautiful quilt made with love by some of the very best and generous quilter friends I could ask for!

How's that for justification!?
I love the part about having the quilt made with love by some of the best quilter friends one could ask for! That is sooooo true!! And y'all are such great enablers!!!!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:49 PM

Linda, we are "great enablers" <-- that made me laugh out loud! :-p You're funny. :-)
Old 12-15-2013, 09:18 AM

The packages are coming in! The quilt blocks are wonderful. This is really exciting! Here is the update so far:

Givio – 5 sets REC’D
Grandma Cindy – 2 sets
happylab - 4 sets
jaba – 6 sets REC’D
lauriejo – 2 sets
letsquilt - 4 sets
Likethedog – 2 sets
madbury - 5 sets
mom-6 – 2 sets
Nelco – 4 sets
Stitch124 - 2 sets REC’D
Tubsfam – 2 sets