Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
I Spy Swap with a Twist Dead Line to Join is Nov 29, 2013 >

I Spy Swap with a Twist Dead Line to Join is Nov 29, 2013

I Spy Swap with a Twist Dead Line to Join is Nov 29, 2013

Old 12-08-2013, 06:44 PM

For the next swap, I am going to extend the sign up time therefore extending the mail in date. I'm doing this since this time of year is so hectic. This way more people may be able to participate. I will open the next swap soon, but here are the details:

Sign-up deadline: Jan. 6th
In my hands by: Jan. 13th
I will mail back by: Jan. 20th.

For anyone that is interested, I am going to run this swap concurrently with my 2.5" mini-charm swap for January. That way all can be mailed together to save on postage for anyone that wants to do both. Watch for both posts coming in the next few days.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:28 PM

Ok. Everybody, packages have been mailed. Watch the mail for them. You should start receiving them in a few days. Enjoy. I am posting the new swap now. I'm giving some extra time on the next one since it is a busy time of the year.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:56 PM

The new I Spy Swap is listed here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...ml#post6452326

The new 2.5" mini-charm swap is here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...ml#post6452336

Come by and join one or both. If you want to join both, they are running concurrently so they can be mailed together and save on postage.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:45 PM

Received my package today. Love all the variety. Thanks everyone.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:57 PM
Power Poster

I received mine today too. Most are beautiful but I am a bit discouraged that so many were badly cut, smaller than 5" square, or not fussy cut when they should have been (Dora's head totally cut off!) I have some work to do squaring up many of these and some are unusable. I hate to mention it but it's discouraging... especially when you consider what you spend on postage ($12) just to participate in these swaps. I may need to take a break from this swap.

To all who sent properly cut, appropriate I Spy squares, PROFUSE THANKS! I appreciate your efforts.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:28 AM
Power Poster

Mine came in. Thank you charlotte for all your hard work. I have not been able to look through them yet but hopefully I will this weekend. Thanks also to all who swapped. These swaps enable me to make many I Spy quilts for lots of little people.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:15 PM

Thank you for your comment showbizgirl. I applaud those swappers who sent beautiful fabrics .... and that's most of us .... but for the few who didn't fussy cut when they should have or for the few who cut their squares on the shy side of 5", please take care on your next swap. This is no reflection on you Charlotte .... you did a wonderful job .... but I will not be participating in the next couple of swaps.

On a positive note there were some very cute fabrics that I had not seen before .... congratulations to those swappers who found these great fabrics ... and there were some fabrics that are perfect for a girly I Spy quilt .... you swappers superb. Thanks to all of you who do play with consideration for all the swappers!
Old 12-15-2013, 02:14 PM

I got mine this weekend as well. There are some very cute fabrics. I agree that some should have been fussy cut - ie Dora. But I'm pleased overall. I'm not going to let those few blocks stop me from participating in the future - although time wise I will probably wait until I finish a quilt before joining again.

Maybe some of us can arrange a private swap for any extra blocks, etc. I have three boys - so I probably won't use all the girly fabrics from my last two swaps. How would we set up something like that?

Kind regards,
Tracy
Old 12-15-2013, 04:07 PM

Cant wait to get mine. I love the varieties. Yes, it might be difficult to do a boy or girly one. Hhhhmmm but i thought of maybe a floral? Since spring will be in the corner.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:03 PM

I think you have to plan the swap and ok it with Patrice. I'm sorry so many people were unhappy with the swap. I tried to pick out the blocks that I thought was not usable. I took them as part of my swap thinking that I could use them for something else.