Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll >

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Old 12-18-2013, 03:12 PM

Oksewnsew. I think I need to set out January also, I'm still not up and running as I would like. I hope to be back in for February. I am enjoying looking at all the beautiful blocks though.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:48 PM

sauki any chance you could post a pic of my blocks? I forgot to take one hope my block made it to Australia never heard it absolutely should have been there a long while ago.

sorry about your cold frenchfryqueen. I had one took me over 2 weeks to kick it was absolutely no picnic. I say go for that hot toddy.. a little heat a little rum or brandy and some honey and you wont mind at that cold too much!

oksewnsew I think this freezing ice is for kids. sure as heck is not for me. I am so thankful we had a few days I could easily get out, its warmer outside bet you it was closer to mid 40's today. time to close the front door however its cooling down. should snow tonight/tomorrow, low teens tomorrow and single digits Friday. Oh joy. Possibly more snow Sun. hoping its like 2 inches and it runs away quickly. crossing fingers. I will box it all up and mail it our to you oksewnsew that is what I will do! get it right off my walkway and onto yours

retiredfirechief you sew beautifully. I have always loved your work!
Old 12-18-2013, 05:35 PM

I mailed a sewing machine to ABDConsultant today! Hope she gets it before Christmas.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
sauki any chance you could post a pic of my blocks? I forgot to take one hope my block made it to Australia never heard it absolutely should have been there a long while ago.
Sure no problem. I did not however take pics of the ones I sent you. Supposedly, they will arrive to you Friday.

I'll get on it tomorrow for you.

Thanks again,

Sauki
Old 12-19-2013, 12:46 AM

CajunBear . . . please forgive my late reply.
Please don't post the picture - I want to be surprised. I'm glad you liked your block. I'll post when I receive your block. . . GP

Originally Posted by CajunBear View Post
Groovy Pieces, I mailed your block yesterday, hope you like. Please let me know when it arrives, I have photo if you want me to post it let me know.

I promise not to post more than one! lol

Ready for next partner! Of course, I'm still behind in my 2 of my BOMs! lol

Hugs,
Cajun
Old 12-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Power Poster

I hope Oksewnwsew doesn't mind me posting a picture of the block I sent her, but I know she was waiting on something with her camera.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]452402[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1564 (Small).JPG
Views:	128
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	452402  
Old 12-20-2013, 02:33 PM

Received my lovely block from ROE...my December block.

Camera needs charging so I'll post picture later.

Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:47 PM

I appreciate all everyone's hard work keeping the swap going but my heart still isn't in sewing yet. I had hoped maybe a very small commitment would give me some sparks.

My Dad had been my "ironer and cheerleader" and it just doesn't seem "complete" to put blocks together without his help. He passed away at the end of July and I've done bits and pieces but honestly, without his input, encouragement, agreement and prodding it doesn't hold the joy it did with him here helping. Taking care of his estate is draining and it was almost nothing...just all the legal mumbo jumbo and hoops to jump through.

I have a few tops to finish and then maybe I'll try to start quilting them on the long-arm. I had just gotten it when he moved in and so I haven't really worked on it ... it's not a vital "piece" of him when I get around to setting it up for more practice.

I'll still be around to lurk and comment but not to swap at this time. Happy sewing to everyone. Thanks for letting me play with you guys for a couple months.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Power Poster

Moonwork I understand, because my mom passed away March of last year, and it's still so hard. Dad is still here, but has been in the hospital. One sent him home the other day, then by that night he went back in. He has pneumonia , and weak, and can't walk yet. You take care, and do what you need to do.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:47 AM

Moonwork maybe just maybe if you started you could get into it easier.. sometimes its the old jump back on the horse thing. Your dad would be sad and probably shake his head at you. He loved this quilting, he loved the game.. if you tried again maybe it would make him smile from heaven. You could hear him telling you oh no not there move it over.. or this is a good one.. he did love this and did look forward to this. I say give it a try in dad's memory. I miss my father every single day and I talk to him often. He passed on when I was 18. I always kick myself when I am off my game and remind myself how he would be happy for me. It works most of the time.

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas. Its a beautiful time of year.. the sounds, the smells, the decorations.. all come into play to make this a special time. I hope you have family or loved ones to share it with. We are sharing it alone together and this works just fine for both of us. I am ready and loving it (minus the cold cold weather that not so much).