Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 12-29-2013, 06:12 AM

oh goody! ideas going to share it??

I wonder how many of you have your centers done already out of curiosity? how many are awaiting my posting a couple center ideas? I have two that I will share on the 1st .. I don't want to push anyone to go faster than is comfortable for them. The idea was presented that I offer up one beginning round also the first month. Is that agreeable with everyone? Would you prefer we do just the center for January and the first round come February? that is up for vote so put your two bits in!
Old 12-29-2013, 06:27 AM

I think that many who are planning on participating already have their center medallion ready to go. Holding off until Feb for the first round may dishearten some not to play, so I'm for getting the first round going. But please give some that may be reluctant to start because they have no idea for a center a helping hand with ideas. I'm looking forward to this ROM (round of the month) and many others are also. Thanks for giving us the motivation to do something we otherwise might not do.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:40 AM

I have my center. It's a UFO orphan block that I made sometime in the early 90's. I may have a hard time finding the same fabric so mine may end up being butt ugly. LOL. Anyway - I am ready for the first round whenever. I already know I won't keep up each round but I will keep working on it and catch up eventually.
I look forward to this as a great learning experience! Thanks Brat and Jaba for putting in all the work.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:03 AM

I bought a couple more fabrics yesterday for my quilt (one I needed for the center). I am planning to get my center started this afternoon and was hoping to finish yet this week. I was thinking the first round was for January, so vote for posting right away. If people don't have their centers done (and I may be one of them!) they will still have the month do make their center and first round. The first round won't take near as long as say the 5th or 6th round....

Can't wait to get started today.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:52 AM

I really think I might join this. I have been trying to get to making my center piece - I accidently ran onto a pattern the other day while cleaning and I thought 'hey, that would make a pretty center for the Medallion dealie'. NOW to just get to making it! Need to pick fabrics for it, maybe that's a today thing. I've never done a 'Round' before so this will be interesting. Sorry didn't get posted earlier, Elisabrat - had to do a lot of thinking..lol
Old 12-29-2013, 07:55 AM

I have decided not to use the center I posted earlier - too big. But I have another in mind that I should have finished in the next couple days, so I would vote to start the first round on Jan. 1st, but will be happy with whatever is decided!
Old 12-29-2013, 08:13 AM

I have my center block so I'm ready, either way is fine. I'm still using my blues and browns but I made a star for the center and am using that instead of the bird I had posted earlier.

Lovelyl, you're probably right about the size, but that is a beautiful star. Maybe it just belongs on your design wall for now where you can enjoy it every day.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:15 AM

I'm one of the "whatever will I use for a center?" folk. Since I've never done one before it is a quandary. Thinking about letting this be the start of my quilt for youngest son. I've discarded so many ideas of how to do his that its not even funny. Originally considered just some nebulous all over traditional design but any one I tried seemed not quite right with my fabric. Don't want it too busy or too intricate but the Texans logo isn't really large in the print so trying to figure out how to showcase it and not overwhelm it. Hoping this project will give me the direction I need to get this one going.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:38 AM

I'm really looking forward to the 1st round being posted soon I will wait until I get whatever the pattern is sewn & then will trim my center from the 17½ down to the 16 ½ and that way if I need to fudge a little.. I can! I am really looking forward to this, even though I couldn't get my head around the size thing

Thanks to Jaba etc. for walking me through the sizing thingy!
Old 12-29-2013, 08:39 AM

mom-6, maybe once the 1st round is posted, it will inspire you to come up with the perfect center design?