Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 01-03-2014, 04:53 AM

Such beautiful blocks everyone. I am not started yet. I am still up in the air about my center. I had one chosen but not sure i have the time to make it. I have my DH family coming for the family Christmas party tomorrow. It is 55 people. I will think about it after they leave. I work at a school so I have to go back to work on Monday. There are way too many ideas swirling around in my head. Time to get to work cooking and cleaning.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:21 AM
dd

I finished my center last night. It's a 24" four patch log cabin. I was going to do the triangle squares for the border but then I saw the ribbon and am now undecided. I also want to find some poinsettias for applique for the center of the log cabin. I'm doing a Christmas quilt. Can't post pictures because my computer doesn't play nice with my camera.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:06 AM

I took Carriem's great advice that was seconded by linballs, sometimes the most obvious solution is elusive at least at that hour of the evening. Changed out the corner blocks to gold, as wanted it to be about the same value to segue to next round which will be a bit brighter to keep the eyes moving. Hope you like it, but it can be ripped out yet again if need be.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]454528[/ATTACH]

Yes, this is Christmas fabric. I am getting a jump on next year. Haven't finished this year's yet, but I will be ready with TWO next year.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3771 (Small).JPG
Views:	301
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	454528  
Old 01-03-2014, 07:22 AM

I think the gold looks great. I am heading out to sew shortly and if I get my BOW finished with extra time this afternoon my border will be next. I think it is going to be hard to just do one border a month.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:43 AM

Quilter 65 that looks great, the gold squares are perfect! Gives the eyes a little resting place...
Old 01-03-2014, 07:48 AM

ohhh a Christmas quilt!! I love Christmas quilts! that is going to be so pretty!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:03 AM

I had so wanted to start with a half square triangle block for the group but thought well it wont work in the pattern I chose for every size yet so was saving one of those for later. I just moved back to see all the posts and wish I had a pen with me to comment on each one. I love how this is going, and it is OK to put whatever round you want but at least there are options here for those who would like them. I sometimes get stumped doing these as to what is the best next round.. stare at it put it away, stare at it put it away.. then oh heck why don't I? and tada figure it out! I wish I had the mad skills to applique something correctly on a round. I always worry about how to wash it will it end up with tiny fray pieces which I hate so if you chose to put applique on I say have at it! make a solid round and put a little something in each corner or put a block in a corner and applique it to soften a round a bit. I think it looks stunning just probably wont post that as a round. Love to see yours. especially about round 4 or 5 those applique break up rounds look grand. then another block type round behind it and you have one pretty quilt

Mom-6 I would put half square triangles on your center if it was me. You seriously want to bring out the texas theme right?

oksewnsew your black pink white center is cool, once you sew it up check it out standing back a few feet, squint bet your going to love it you will probably only see black and white and maybe maybe a tiny bit of the pink when you do that. I think sometimes we stare at things up close and you see all those patterns! but its cause we are quilters lol other people will see the whole picture first. We see tiny details

I loved that cranberry quilt block with the lighter contrast! its coming along beautifully...

ok did I forget you? I am so sorry if I did but will try to catch up in a bit. Heading to wally world today ugharoo but just to pick up a couple things I ordered online so no actual wally shopping today phew. I do not enjoy shopping much so its a challenge. Except the market.. I love going to the market for some darned reason. I think I am odd lol. like that shocks you!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:21 AM

Quilter 65 I like the gold corners it does open it up. It looks beautiful!
Old 01-03-2014, 09:46 AM

Everyone's blocks are looking great.

Just finished adding the borders to my kitty.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454561[/ATTACH]

Name:	First border complete.JPG
Views:	367
Size:	454.9 KB
ID:	454561  
Old 01-03-2014, 10:01 AM

Finally made a decision re center. Wow, long long bias shapes. Had fun paper piecing it though. Something about star shapes always appeal to me.

Name:	140103_0000.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	454562