Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Jan. 2014 PINCUSHION & NEEDLE CASE SECRET SWAP >

Jan. 2014 PINCUSHION & NEEDLE CASE SECRET SWAP

Jan. 2014 PINCUSHION & NEEDLE CASE SECRET SWAP

Old 01-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Power Poster

SOUNDS LIKE YOUR GETTING HIT A DAY AFTER US. SO MUCH SNOW THIS WINTER ALREADY AND IT JUST STARTED BEING WINTER. I HAD A AUNT THAT LIVED IN CLEAVLAND OHIO TAKE CARE AND STAY WARM AND SAFE. mARY
Old 01-02-2014, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
SOUNDS LIKE YOUR GETTING HIT A DAY AFTER US. SO MUCH SNOW THIS WINTER ALREADY AND IT JUST STARTED BEING WINTER. I HAD A AUNT THAT LIVED IN CLEAVLAND OHIO TAKE CARE AND STAY WARM AND SAFE. mARY
I'm 35 miles south of Cleveland and I don't get the snow that they get. I think they said I'm in the secondary snow belt. And now this snow is going to New England. I think they are going to get more than I did. It seems like it's been snowing a lot so far. It started getting cold here in November. Now they are saying that I'm getting 4-8 on Sunday. I've been lucky that I haven't had to babysit for these last 2 weeks but I'm going to be babysitting starting Monday. Not only babysitting, bringing my granddaughter to school and picking her up, and letting my son's 4 dogs out at 11. They have to go out separately as they don't all get along with each other. Plus taking care of my mother. I better eat my Wheaties. Take care
Old 01-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Power Poster

Be careful out there.sounds like your hands are full without this weather.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:47 PM

And I thought I was busy! I'm just working all the time. :-(

We haven't had much for snow, but it's been cold. -0 with wind chill repeatedly, -0 temps a few times too. The last few years we've had this sort of weather in Feb. That's when we get the worst...I'm afraid if what we'll get this year!

Everyone stay warm, and stay healthy!
Old 01-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Power Poster

it's comind down a lot now. it's about 20 out there. it's supposed to go lower tonight, but we're getting hit hard after midnight. it look like we're getting 6-14". who knows till it stops. oh plus drifts. we get them badly here. Last year, my car was covered in the lot. didn't know it was there. on the other side, the blacktop showed. all their snow came over to us. I'm hoping for less. I need hot chococlate, or any type of chocolate. Maybe i'll go make some homemade nestles crunch bars. everyone, stay warm!! and inside. i'm scard of what's coming. all that warm weather now this.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:07 AM

My prayers for all of you to take care and be safe with all this horrible weather. We are all thinking of you.

I remember when I lived in the snow belt across north western New York state, we didn't have such huge amount of snow this early. I seem to remember February being the worst with the grey skies and no sun for days and days at a time.

Last edited by paintmejudy; 01-03-2014 at 07:10 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:19 AM

well we got 12 inches snow and still going. Temp is -8 big fire in our town about 3 miles from were I live,but we are all safe and enjoying some family time together.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:00 AM

Ok, ladies, all names have been sent out by PM. If you don't have your info, please let me know.

And now, let the fun begin! Can't wait to see the pincushion pictures.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Power Poster

we got about 12 inches, going down to -7 tonight.
mine are ready to go, but, I can't get out till Monday, so everyone, just hang
on, you'll get it and I hope you like it. stay warm and happy sewing all.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Power Poster

More snow and terrible drop in temps sun- weds.Below 0* Sorry looks like it's going east after here. Our worse temps and snows are usually last 2 weeks of jan and first 2 weeks of feb. I've had enough already. Guess that's what we have to pay to have the other 3 pretty seasons in the country. Hope the cows make it.Lost one a few years back to below 0 temps. I'd bring them in if I could. take care everyone. Hugs Mary