Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 01-03-2014, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
I have got my 2 blocks ready.the japanese one is 24 1/2 " square and the cross stitch kookaburra one is 12 i/2

SQUARE I'm going scrappy with it too. Do you reckon they'll be OK?[ATTACH=CONFIG]453248[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]453247[/ATTACH]
I think scrappy is great.
My ??? to you, how did you stablize your cross stitch?
Old 01-03-2014, 08:54 PM

I love all of the blocks!! I need to figure out what I want to do for mine so I can join you.

Blessings!
Old 01-03-2014, 09:43 PM

Been trying the strip groupings as possible corner fill in and think I may want to continue something more like my center blocks into those corners, then do a border of the strips later on, using a narrow strip of the Texans fabric featuring mostly the words as the center strip with the red and blue on either side. This center will finish up soon I hope!

All of you who are showing your progress are doing great blocks and borders. Will hope mine lives up to the high standard you are setting!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by giquilt View Post
I think scrappy is great.
My ??? to you, how did you stabilize your cross stitch?
I haven't as yet, but the plan is to hand applique gum leaves on it. I'll probably wait till I have the 2nd round on it before I do that and have iron on pellon under neath the cross stich.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by works4me View Post
Everyone's blocks are looking great.

Just finished adding the borders to my kitty.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454561[/ATTACH]
That is one Cool Cat!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:00 AM

Love this cat pattern , was wondering where you got the pattern. My SIL loves cats and I have yet to make her a quilt. I have had a hard time figuring out what to make her. Thanks
Originally Posted by works4me View Post
Everyone's blocks are looking great.

Just finished adding the borders to my kitty.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454561[/ATTACH]
Old 01-04-2014, 05:06 AM

I am hoping if you post a border that you would like to see here you can put a photo/description of how to make that row and please one per month . If you can send that to either Jaba or myself we can decide if we will use that as the ROW of the month or as an alternative suggestion. Its hard to just go by a label as we all know the same blocks are called 10 different names depending on who is posting it (argh why do they do that?). Glad you have the book it makes you want to try all of them! Jaba has a few and I have book envy .. I want this one and that one and well wishes and wants are all good. I am going to wing it with what I can find on the net. There seems to be an abundance of ideas online and oh my on pinterest. If you want to see some lovely medallion quilts search that on pinterest you will spend so much time just wishing for this one and that one.. its kind of fun.

Its 19 degrees this morning, a dusting of snow last night and well its not as bad as it could be I suppose. If your in a sunny location please please share the beauty of your day so all of us in this lovely weather can dream about a quilt retreat at YOUR house
Old 01-04-2014, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by linbails View Post
Love this cat pattern , was wondering where you got the pattern. My SIL loves cats and I have yet to make her a quilt. I have had a hard time figuring out what to make her. Thanks
Thanks a lot. I've been promising my two kitties their own quilt for a while now so this seems to fit the bill.
It's the tall cat centre from 'Ties and Tails' by judydidit. JUDY-1012. Instructions leave a bit to be desired. I've seen the pattern on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PATTERN-...item46184ef006
Old 01-04-2014, 07:05 AM

I have a question. My star is too close to where the border is going to be attached. The star itself currently measures 24.5 X 24.5. My first impulse is to add a border all the way around of 2 inches. This would make the the center block 28.5 X 28.5 which would work with the four inch block I'm currently making for the first border however my concern is for future borders. Sorry to keep beating this dead horse but thought asking would be better than having to draft my own borders.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:32 AM

OK now!! YOU GUYS!! You have gone and done it. I am trying so hard to finish up my dozen or so of UFOs and you put this here to tempt me. LOL I loved that kitty pattern and bought it. Cannot wait to get it so I can add that to my bucket list. Am quite a catlover and think this may be my favorite pattern so far. Some cat patterns are too wimpy for kitties as they have such varied personalities. Lovin it! Will follow along with this and see what you all choose to do. Brenda in Alabama