Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Jan. 2014 PINCUSHION & NEEDLE CASE SECRET SWAP >

Jan. 2014 PINCUSHION & NEEDLE CASE SECRET SWAP

Jan. 2014 PINCUSHION & NEEDLE CASE SECRET SWAP

Old 01-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

Well weatherman said low tonight will be 0* high tomorrow will be 2*. Tomorrow night -9*way too cold . I just brought my 3rd dog in for she is looking so sad. she's only 130 lbs. I took a picture of her earlier today. What a sad face, What suckers we are for our puppies.http://www.quiltingboard.com/images/...s/rolleyes.png
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02418.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	454997  
Old 01-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Power Poster

Well we are going to bring our fur kids in too, because our temperatures are going to keep dropping, and with wind chill they said we could go down too -25. I don't remember it ever being that cold here.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:34 PM

The weather is crazy everywhere. It was 80 here in Florida today and supposed to be 47 high and 32 low on Tues. What's wrong with that picture? I know that most of you would love to have even those temps. Please stay inside and stay warm. I'm sending warm thoughts.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:10 AM

It's 9 degrees with a wind chill of -14. I did go out and shovel but there wasn't too much and I hope that's it for today. Tonight it's going to be -7 with a wind chill of -35. They said it hasn't been this cold here in 20 years. That's a beautiful dog. Part husky? Luckily I didn't have to babysit today but I'll have to let my son's dogs out tomorrow. They cancelled school for Monday and Tuesday. This is one of his dogs.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	all pics in the camera 1112 048.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	455058  
Old 01-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nhnative View Post
It's 9 degrees with a wind chill of -14. I did go out and shovel but there wasn't too much and I hope that's it for today. Tonight it's going to be -7 with a wind chill of -35. They said it hasn't been this cold here in 20 years. That's a beautiful dog. Part husky? Luckily I didn't have to babysit today but I'll have to let my son's dogs out tomorrow. They cancelled school for Monday and Tuesday. This is one of his dogs.
Beautiful dog. Love the pretty blue eyes. What a happy face. My dog in the picture is wolf and akita. As you can see she favors the wolf side.She probably would be fine outside but I won't take the chance. It's only 2* out now and that is the high for today. tonight -7*. Stay safe and warm. Mary
Old 01-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

cute fur babies!!!! such sad eyes, and we are all suckers for our furbabies. they are lucky to have us and we are even more blessed to have them.
I heard I think it was Minnesota is going to -70 with the wind chill tonight. this darn global warming is scary.
stay warm...I guess being we are all quilters, that need not be said!!!

sent out two pc's today. you should have them by Friday. please post pics.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:00 AM
Power Poster

Lynnie, you are so dedicated to doing this swap. I admire that. I have been in a lot of swaps over the 4 yrs as a member on this board. A lot of people sign up and get their swap and never do send anything. It's nice to see someone that gets out even in this weather to mail (Early even).I must say a lot of others are also to be commended. A few bad ones seem to get the attention. Hugs to all the good swappers >Mary
Old 01-06-2014, 12:41 PM

That is quite a combination. This pup is the crazy one. Her mother is OK, the father has issues with the Doberman, and the Doberman I call her Nervous Nellie. Now I know why I have a cat. I only went out to shovel today it was so cold. And tomorrow even colder. The average temp for this time of year is 35. Lynnie you sure are on the ball. Take care everyone
Old 01-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Power Poster

Everyone, please take care, the freeze is on for a few days. take care of the fur babies, and if you can, feed the wildlife too. I feel so sorry for them. I live in a condo, a lady 2 houses down has a bird/small animal sanctuary in her yard, feeds all the critters. it's so nice to see a red cardinal on the white snow. heat will be turned up all over tonight. good quiltin' weather!!! working on next months pc, have one done so far. stay warm. two people will be getting their pc's by friday, look for it. quilty hugs everyone
Old 01-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Power Poster

Lynnie you are so good in how you always get out your things you make. I say yes, give some attention to those who are getting theirs out as soon as they can. I would have had mine out today, but it's so cold, and this time we have a few inches of snow too, and can't get out of our drive way, and it is a long one. We live in the mountains so it's hard until it clears some. It will warm up in a couple of days though, so then I will have mine out. I look forward to the warm up. We have our fur babies in tonight too. One of them Bella, a puppy but a big one that's our black lab. Very tall, and strong girl. She was getting into it with the older ones, so we had to have her go out some in the under deck of our back deck, but hubby said it has some heat going out to where she goes there. We have her back in when she settles down some. lol...I spent all evening giving her more lessons (training). Be careful everyone.

Susan