Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 01-09-2014, 11:41 AM

I should have made a couple triangles out of scrap material first. since I was relearning how. I used every last little itty bitty green I could find, and even took an orphan block apart to do the very last one.

directions--#55, 233, 238, 240
Old 01-09-2014, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
let's see if i still remember how. [ATTACH=CONFIG]455566[/ATTACH]
sorry, i was trying not to get it tooo big. black and white. black and olive green on the hour glass blocks.

if you have a regular tri angle ruler that is Not F & P. maybe make your practice size tri by cutting the 5.25 square diagonally twice. then lay it on top of your triangle ruler/cutter. mine showed to cut a 3.5 " triangle. cut once, then flip the ruler over to get the next cut. i had to learn to pay attention to which was my bottom side as i flipped. it had been several years since i had used it.
Looks fantastic sewnso
Old 01-09-2014, 02:54 PM

Just been reading 3 pages of posts and I'm going to try those hour glasses again, when I get back from town. Their are only 2 little craft shops in Kalgoorlie, but I may get a ruler there. With or without, I WILL TRY AGAIN!
Old 01-09-2014, 04:30 PM

Think I'm going to give the hourglass border a try. I just realized the parts beside the x look like footballs!
Old 01-09-2014, 04:45 PM

m-fay, I have faith you can do it!!
mom-6 OMG I'm laughing so hard right now, it was your light bulb moment, footballs it is! And here I thought I was a football fanatic
Old 01-09-2014, 04:53 PM

Love your start sewNsew. Nice quilt giquilt. great use of leftovers.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:19 AM

chefbwarner

the block is called star and crowns. I found it on quilter's cache. It is a 16" block. I think i may have to add an extra border or fudge something on round 3.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:19 AM

What is up for the next best grand excitement? anyone sewing today? taking down Christmas, the man is slower than molasses helping me with things that require assistance (like standing on a chair). glad to have it down now to get up VALENTINES stuff lol.. wait til he hears that one .. its an overcast day but should stay pleasantly warm 38 or so. for winter in WY I think this is qualified as warm. Take some getting used to. Well best get wrapping the glass nothing worse than opening that box next year to something that is broken!

I am decided on my other round robin to do a nine patch on point with a bright inner triangle on the bottom and a black outter one as the filler think its going to be really striking. I will post pics when I get the first row down for you to help me decide if that is a good plan or maybe plan b which is all black except those little color blocks in the nine patch.. hum..
Old 01-10-2014, 08:29 AM

I'm finishing up quilting my sisters quilt. One last row to do. Foggy here in North Florida, temps right around 59. Almost just right. Then back to work on the donations quilts.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:42 AM

Eliszabrat, ooohhhh, I like that. clues about the next clue. LOL but I'm too busy today . grdsn and some BOM stars work....... I hope.