Boom 11 - SLOW & EASY

Old 01-12-2014, 10:16 AM

Bee, you sure raised the bar for the rest of us. Beautiful block.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:24 AM

That would make a beautiful corner block in any quilt! I wouldn't attempt this for someone else because I know Id be ripping it out several times! LOL I bought a 8" square by Omnigrip that's green and I really DONT like it.. It has green markings on it and its hard to use...ugh back to the store to get a plain white/black one!
Old 01-12-2014, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
Bee, you sure raised the bar for the rest of us. Beautiful block.
Thanks! After thinking about it, I am hoping this block will not be too busy to fit in. I have enough fabric to make Gaijin a second one - there are so many beautiful ones completed already.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:59 PM

Bee-san,

Thank you so much for the beautiful, beautiful block! Kagoshima is one of my most favorite places in Japan. I know what you mean when you talk about being in Japan when you are away. My youngest brother lives near Nashville and I guess he has started a horse farm as a hobby.

Thank you,

Deborah (Gaijin)
Old 01-13-2014, 01:35 PM

Gaijin,

I am happy that you like the block. I enjoyed making it very much! I am finishing a simple one as a companion block.
Nashville is about three hours from where I am. I know how much you miss your family. I never expected that my daughter would be living so far away. The world is becoming one place it seems. Hope you get to see your brother soon!

Looking forward to seeing the other blocks from our group!
Starting on Bibliostone next.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:28 PM

Bee-san,

I received my fabric a few days ago for this swap and organized it last night. I will do my best to find a block which does your lovely fabric justice!

Gaijin
Old 01-13-2014, 02:53 PM

Gaijin,

I am sure it will be beautiful. It is an honor to have a quilt that will be made by so many others.

Bee
Old 01-15-2014, 06:24 AM

Good Morning,

I hope everyone in the Slow and Easy Group is still excited about this Boom Swap! I am new to the Boom Swap so I am definitely learning my way through the process. I know almost half the members of our group are also in the Fast and Furious Group and are completing those blocks there first. That still leaves many like me who only belong to the Slow and Easy Group. And I know we have 4 months to finish! However it's still inspiring to share and read posts from the group - makes it all more fun. I am getting a better understanding of how blocks need to work together from viewing the F and F Group's posts. No more "busy" block designs....I promise!
Old 01-15-2014, 09:46 AM

I will be starting my Slow and Easy soon, in the meantime I am keeping up on this thread, as well. I don't always get a chance to post, but I do read when I get a few spare minutes in between. I have reading time at home, but ard to type on phone or tablet, so I like to wait until I get a break at work to make my comments. Having a blast with all the blocks. My DH thinks I am nuts!! But he likes what he sees, I think. LOL Let's keep this thread active!! We don't want anyone to loose interest, that is for sure!!
Old 01-15-2014, 11:01 AM

I will be starting on my blocks next month. I am still gathering the right fabric for each one.