Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 01-16-2014, 06:06 AM
dd

Yes, you must post options for the round. I like options. Your ideas could lead to others own ideas but without your options I might not get very far. You need to come up with ideas for future rounds, even if some don't use them, some of us need them. Thanks for doing this.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:07 AM

Elisabrat: I can not post picture the same way I once could. Was very frustrated at that, but figured out that if I go to "Go Advanced" at the bottom of this quick reply section, before I enter any comment in this section, I can then go down to "manage attachments" select picture I want to input, upload (another small window will come up for this part) wait till finished uploading, then write in the comment section & post. If you haven't tried that, give it a try. Gotta be way faster & easier then what you are doing.

I know that some are working on another round already, but stick to your schedule rounds, do not deviate. I know I might need to add a break between my last round and the next one so that they do not clash, but I'm waiting to see what you come up with.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by pbadder View Post
Hi all finally got my material and did my first round which is checkerboard around using black and cat's eye's materials. Check it out in my albums. Site won't let me post here , but will let me post in albums. Name of album is Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along Progress. This is where I will post pictures when my rounds are finished. Took picture before trimming outer edges. Let me know what you think Always wanted a cat quilt and found a panel that I really like so here is my chance to make one. You can't tell I'm a cat lover lol
Love it. The panel is great and the kitty eyes surrounding are fabulous. I need some of that outer fabric. Any idea what it is?
Old 01-16-2014, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
ok curiosity is making me ask it appears many are going ahead and doing different blocks or doing several rounds of borders all ready. As we go farther along it takes longer to do a border trust me. question is are you wanting us to post rounds for you to optionally use in the future or is it everyone just mans their own ship so to speak? Just don't want to offer something if its not wanted/needed. Not sure about Jans feelings just came to me this morning so I hope she knows I speak for myself. We both missed each other by phone yesterday so no time to catch up on this. I am almost ready to plan the next round. I like doing a bit, putting it down and working on something else a bit, then coming back to this. I know this might drive someone else nuts but variety always works wonders for me.
I am waiting patiently for the next set of choices. Once a month works for me as my top priority every month is a huge cross stitch project. When I finish a page I move on to other crafts.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:31 AM

Okay, this is a new one for me "Albums?" How do I find them?

Never mind-I found it.

Last edited by MamaHen; 01-16-2014 at 06:49 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:37 AM

Have a couple of rounds picked out, just need to sew a practice block to make sure size is right and then try to write the directions out for you. This time the rounds will be 6 1/2" unfinished. Need to sew a couple of blocks today for a swap and lots of D4P blocks. Love seeing your updates on the borders. pbadder looks like you'll have lots of color options for your kitty quilt, the eyes are so cute.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:19 AM

PB, love your fabric. Do you know what it is? I too want to make a cat quilt someday. I can't decide whether to make one that features the fabric, like your center, or one that has blocks with cats. Maybe two.

Brat and jaba, I think the fun of this is having your options and seeing how everyone's comes out different. I have learned a lot in just the first round. The way you have it planned is just right. Thanks for hosting and for the work it takes. Looking forward to Feb 1.

I do have a problem to deal with. After the first round, mine is 21". How did I get so far off? Should it be 18.5 at this point or 24.5? I can do another border to make it bigger.

Last edited by whitepine; 01-16-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:22 AM

Brat: I love this quilt along just the way Jabba and you set it up. I realize that leading quilters can be like herding cats, but I really do appreciate the time you both spend putting this together. One of the really nice things about joining a group like this is I try things I would never try on my own. I am finishing a quilt using the medallion for the back. Love the way its going.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by works4me View Post
Love it. The panel is great and the kitty eyes surrounding are fabulous. I need some of that outer fabric. Any idea what it is?
works4me here is what it says on the white border of that material Pattern #6823 Quilting 2013 www.blankquilting.com you can try this and see if you find it. I bought mine at one of the local quilt shops that I frequent. let me know if this helps you. I went in looking for black material with beige paws to match what's on the panel, and they did not have to match saw this and fell in love with it.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
PB, love your fabric. Do you know what it is? I too want to make a cat quilt someday. I can't decide whether to make one that features the fabric, like your center, or one that has blocks with cats. Maybe two.

Brat and jaba, I think the fun of this is having your options and seeing how everyone's comes out different. I have learned a lot in just the first round. The way you have it planned is just right. Thanks for hosting and for the work it takes. Looking forward to Feb 1.

I do have a problem to deal with. After the first round, mine is 21". How did I get so far off? Should it be 18.5 at this point or 24.5? I can do another border to make it bigger.
whitepine I purchased the cats panel from www.fabric.com and the eyes material I bought at a local quilt shop I frequent if you look at my post number 589 I posted what the white strip had written on it for kitty eyes material if you are also interested in that one. The panel of cats had more than the four I used I just might use one or two other of those left over in a future border on this.