Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 01-16-2014, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Have a couple of rounds picked out, just need to sew a practice block to make sure size is right and then try to write the directions out for you. This time the rounds will be 6 1/2" unfinished. Need to sew a couple of blocks today for a swap and lots of D4P blocks. Love seeing your updates on the borders. pbadder looks like you'll have lots of color options for your kitty quilt, the eyes are so cute.
Sure do jaba I bought a couple other cat type materials to use for borders. One has bright kitties with the word meow on it that I plan on using for one of the borders, and the other I have is black with outlines of cats in different colors which I also intend to incorporate in one of the borders. I too will be sewing some more of D4P blocks.

Last edited by pbadder; 01-16-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by MamaHen View Post
Okay, this is a new one for me "Albums?" How do I find them?

Never mind-I found it.
Took me awhile to find them too, so will just add for others who are looking. Click on the members name, then click on view profile and scroll down on the left side will be there albums.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:57 AM

Also while I was looking for the albums I see this in help & wonder if the last line of it telling you about the BB code might help you get your photo from the album to the forum?

Albums

As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. To create an album, visit the “My Profile” link on the top of the page, and then click 'Add Album' from the left sidebar.

Each album can have a title, a description and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.

Public albums can be viewed by anyone.
Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and you’re Contacts.
Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile.

Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, to edit a caption or to change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.

All members who have access to your album images can comment on them. You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.

When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the “BB Code” text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:58 AM

pbadder, your cat center is really cute, look forward to watching it grow!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:38 AM

Just realized that I some of that cat fabric too. I purchased mine from Fabric.com a couple of years ago, just now dug it out of cabinet. It was made by RJF Fabrics, & called Sew Catty by Dan Morris 2011---I have 4 different fabrics in this line. One has the paw prints all over it. It is all so pretty I would hate to cut it up, maybe someday.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:59 AM

I found the kitty faces, as well as the outline cats and the paw prints by Blank Textiles on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
Debating buying 1 yard of each because of shipping and do I really need more kitty fabric, as much as I think it is adorable?
Old 01-16-2014, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
Both the yellow & the green are mottled...not solid. I used them thinking that same thing; that it would give it dimension. Thanks to Marion (mfay) because she sent me the fabric a couple years ago. Knew I wanted to make a future great-grandbaby quilt with it...didn't know what pattern I wanted to use. This just happened to be the perfect pattern, I think. I have finished it & the back but can't take pic till next week...I'm so happy with how the front & the back turned out...it is a double-sided quilt, & turned out 40x40...great size for a baby, I think. I promise I will post next week.
Mission accomplished then!! Very pretty and effective.

Yes, Brat, do keep posting options. I realize I went off the grid with my first round, but I thought I needed to get a certain size, plus I am cheap and wanted to use those blocks up. I did use the 9-patch with Elvis and everyone at guild seemed to think it was a good choice so I used the technique just not on the medallion. I was afraid that a 6.5 round with just a 12-inch block might look peculiar and that is another reason I thought it should grow. I am grateful to you ladies for doing this and am learning so much about color and doing things I wouldn't have dreamed about doing, if it "wasn't in the pattern." Thank you for putting up with me individualism. I have taught various things several times and know about that herding cat thing!! Looking forward to seeing many more wonderful rounds.

Last edited by Quilter 65; 01-16-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:51 PM

Brat and jaba, I like having an option of blocks to use and want to master all you come up with, But I'm sticking with the "One border added" each month and will use the other blocks another time. Now just to check...My 12 1/2" centre with the 4 1/2" border added should now be a 24 1/2" square?
Old 01-17-2014, 04:44 AM

Yes Brat and Jaba , please keep adding rounds the way you had planned…. I am also sticking with one border a month, but also working on other quilts and love all the ideas you are coming up with.

Loving all the different blocks , you ladies are so creative.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:46 AM

Elisabrat, many thanks for starting Medallion Style Quilt-Along. And to you and Jaba, for giving us the rows each month. You have really gotten our creative jucies going (thus herding cats). As someone still working on the center I appreciate that we are not rows ahead. I finally figured out what to do about the one missing element on my center and hope to have it finished by next week to post. As you say sometimes we have to stew our ideas a little while. I see it in my head, just did not know how to make it work in fabric. I already have the 1st border made, so i should be caught up by the Feb. row options post.

Attaching Pictures---I was trying to attach a picture to a thread using Go Advanced and the paper clip and having a hard time. Then for some reason I clicked on the icon above that looks like a tree (Third in last box to the right). I was able to add the pics easily from my main computer which is a Mac and not resize. If I take a pic with my iPhone, I have to send an e-mail to the mail computer and save. I noticed if I send actual size it is large when I post to Board, so I will try different sizes until "it is just right."