Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 01-24-2014, 05:36 AM

Congrats on making the transplant list, Elizabrat!! :-) That is the best news I've heard in a long time! YIPPEE!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:55 AM
dd

Couldn't be happier! Would like to see that dance though.lol Keeping you in prayer.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:51 AM

You guys thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your all so very sweet. AND NO you wouldn't want to see me dance, ask Jaba. She thinks I am a nutbar with my dancing and singing all the time. I sing all the time and the worst part is I can not sing. its ok with me not so much with the world around me lol.. so your lucky you live there trust me yeah I am still so happy. I am on one in CA but that is such a long wait Colorado is like 2 yrs or LESS so that is manageable. its like a goal you know.. ok only 23 more months and such.. makes dialysis easier to attend like graduation is just around the corner girl .. lol. I get so incredibly wiped out from dialysis its like being unplugged for a whole day then barely recovering to do it again the next day. But without I wouldn't be here so for that I am thankful too. I remind myself this all the time. so far I have been gifted with 1 3/4 yrs that life was not going to give me without my liver transplant. if this happens I have another dozen years or so that should roll smoothly and with regular people energy. how grand would that be? I never ask for presents. I have been gifted with the biggest one of all time .. and now maybe twice. like winning the lotto guys. amazing.

now onto quilting.. hey hey hey going to do my round this weekend so it will be all ready to post for you. ok will start my round this weekend. As they get a bit bigger it takes a bit more time. This is why a month is so good. wait til the fifth round you will be saying hey give us more time!! lol unless your speedy like Jaba. She is amazingly good and fast the brat. lol.. Me a whole lot slower and methodical. If not I mess up so slow is good. If you only knew how many times I call her saying ok what do I do again? and she patiently reminds me AGAIN what to do. now that is a friend.

is everyone good with half square triangles for an easy round or even .. dread of all dreads quarter square triangles? if its better for half squares scream now. Jan will do the 'harder' round but I don't want to make it too hard so everyone can play well each time holler at me!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:00 AM

For me, I'm tired of HST, everything is HST, I'm hoping for something more challenging, so I'm looking for the harder round. So I think an easy round & a harder round is the ticket.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:21 AM

Brat: As far as I am concerned go with whatever you are feeling. I will take a look at all the options and decide what I think will look best with the round I already have, kind of thinking something to rest the eye on might be best for my next round. Part of the fun is the design decisions. For the back of a quilt, I am using medallion style piecing. The center was pretty big, left over blocks, so the next round is taking me forever. They really do get big fast.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:56 AM

Hey Elizabrat, so glad to hear about being on the transplant list. Yay!!!

RE the choice of round, whatever you guys come up with is great with me. You have the experience and you know what will go with our current rounds.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:14 PM
pw6

[ATTACH=CONFIG]458442[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]458443[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]458444[/ATTACH]There are 13 vof these medallions, tha pattern is Diamond Jubilee and I made the center one from a FREE block and bought the other blocks and changed colors to complete the 12 around the center.. this one is a king size..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT4512.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	458442   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT4506.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	458443   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT4508.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	458444  
Old 01-24-2014, 01:41 PM

pw6 that is very nice, colorful, and great accomplishment.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:02 PM

PW, just beautiful. Are they all paper pieced?
Old 01-24-2014, 04:06 PM

Elizabrat. Congrats on making the list. When I get home from Australia I am going to do Jaba's border as I think it will look really great with my center.

barb