Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 01-25-2014, 06:43 AM

tomorrow I work on the new round! I am so happy to get through this week with a big smile on my face. I love that quilt all that paper pieced work! omg! wowsa only in my dreams.

Did anyone happen to notice the new mystery train is starting on the 31st of this month? wonder where good Judy will take us this time.. hum...
Old 01-25-2014, 08:17 AM

Okay everyone, I've been lurking for a while. I have a medallion quilt in mind for DH and just ordered the last of the fabric I will need for it. When it comes in and is washed, I will get cracking on my center. I'll probably never really catch up but I hope to add my pictures to all the beautiful quilts currently growing on this post.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:19 AM

Elisabrat - Super congrats on your awesome transplant news. My prayers will continue to include you.

So many things to look forward next week, another round on our medallions and the Mystery Train will be once more underway for an exciting mystery. Working on my third attempt at the mystery train so Im off to the sewing machine.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:43 AM

pw6, What a striking quilt. Wow. I've never seen one quite like it.

kaelyn, We're still small, you'll catch up in no time.

Mystery train on Friday, new medallion round on Saturday, I can't believe my husband and I are leaving for a couple of weeks. I'd almost rather stay and sew rather than drive and tour.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:40 AM

Whitepine, I would always rather stay and sew than drive and tour. ALWAYS. I hate long car rides - I've started taking cross-stitching with me to help pass the time. Fortunately for me, our long car trips are few and far between.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
Whitepine, I would always rather stay and sew than drive and tour. ALWAYS. I hate long car rides - I've started taking cross-stitching with me to help pass the time. Fortunately for me, our long car trips are few and far between.
Welcome to our ride on this medallion quilt tour. You'll catch up in no time.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
I always used to wish I could do something while riding but I would always get carsick if I didn't keep my eyes on the road. Now, since my husband can't drive, I don't have to worry about it because I'm the pilot. Well, he drove for the first 40 years of our marriage, now it's my turn. I'm not wild about car rides but I sure like to see the country and new places. We're flying to Austin TX, then driving west to Big Bend National Park, then back east to check out Padre Island, then back to Austin and home. Some of you are from Texas, so if anyone knows of a spectacular quilt shop along the way, let me know. Since I'm driving, I could always make a "wrong turn" someplace.

Last edited by whitepine; 01-25-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:22 PM

WOW Elisabrat that is awesome news. A co-worker got her transplant last summer and is doing awesome. I will pray that the call comes ASAP. I am still hoping to join this group. I also want to do the train ride. I am working on a donation quilt for the pregnancy center that I need finished soon and also need to finish quilting a baby quilt and bind it before the baby is born. The baby is due at the end of February but they expect it to come early. Not sure of my center yet either. I have too many ideas floating around in my head.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:29 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]458659[/ATTACH]I just realized I put one row on backwards as I posted the pix. I will post corrected pix when I am done. The pictures don't show the colors as nicely as they are. I am doing 2 medallion quilts.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	710.5 KB
ID:	458659   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	722
Size:	654.3 KB
ID:	458660  
Old 01-25-2014, 06:41 PM

They are just beautiful..Hopetoquilt and whitepine I'm in the same boat as you...It'll be a fortnight before I can get my machine out again. Meanwhile theres always knitting or crochet I can do in the car! and see what everyone else comes up with!