Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-25-2014, 07:09 AM

go to my medallion style quilt along in the block of the months some cute borders being used and not just the ones we proposed. everyone is going maverick and so the selections each month will only grow and grow! (border subject).

I am jazzed. Doing quilt for quilters and my partner wants a Christmas quilt and is ok with my using my UFO's! this will nix out two sets of blocks I have already done needing a home! she wants lots of white so I will need to buy some blender white or a white with stars maybe? gold ones? and wham I can start on this. it excites me. Incentive to get moving on a ufo which I truly needed. No new quilts til all these find homes swearing right now. I saw two patterns I Loved and decided NOPE not buying a one. I already have six downloaded I want to try and isn't that enough of a push already? for me it is. so I walked away and did not look farther at the new blocks of the months out there. phew!
Old 01-25-2014, 02:20 PM

I am going to jump in and hope this will motivate me; I need something! I keep finding 'things' that look like more fun than what I need to do is my big problem.
Thanks for starting this!
Mariah.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:14 PM

Just found this thread and have been trying to get motivated to work on my UFO's so maybe this will help. Going to go digging now and see what I can start on. Wish me luck. lol
Old 01-25-2014, 03:21 PM

Welcome nena and Mariah, whooooohoooooo, for all the hard work going on!!!! Looking forward to seeing more finishes posted on the main UFO Challenge of the Month thread!!

I am lol. I was going thru some boxes I had "stored" under my not-sewing desk and found 2 boxes marked UFO's. NO FAIR!!! I thought I had already found and sorted all of mine. Well, just dang!!! I was not in the mood to open them and see what was in there. I'll save that for another day. Each box is bigger than a large prepaid shipping box.

I also found a large plastic bag with at least 10 yards of assorted purple fabrics that I had matched up at some point for a purple quilt. Nothing cut yet, so those could just go back on the shelf... but (sighhh) they go sooooo well together!

Last edited by wildyard; 01-25-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:53 PM

Red face

Third UFO day of the year for me!! Man, I am loving this roll I am on (guess having my friend sew with me and keep raising her eyebrow when I consider something new helps).

So I finished a quilt top today. I posted a picture on the challenge thread but will attach one here too. Its a french braid quilt and I used Kasuri by Moda, they have a lovely faded look, the blues resembling a denim look. This was a 2 evening and one day class from February 2013. Once the class was over I never went back. I'm terrible for that, I must stop taking classes!

I also pulled out another UFO which...I am sure I will shock you here...was also a class project,this one from September 2012. It's called Strips and Salsa and uses a jelly roll and some background fabric. I chose a fun Halloween jelly roll and a gorgeous yellow grunge. I can't tell you why I didn't get back to it after the class ended. I am trying to remember if I had this issue with assignments when I was in school. I have a bad feeling I may have.

So with this one, I have one row done, 3half done and I need to make another row for a total of five. I actually have the backing fabric for this just waiting. So plan is....finish it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000178.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	458678   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000180.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	975.1 KB
ID:	458679  
Old 01-25-2014, 09:05 PM
Swap Hosts

Wonderful, Vivian! Love the colors.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:33 AM

Mariah and Nena, welcome! Hope you have fun joining in the momentum of this encouraging group to get things done.

oooh, Wildyard, I feel your pain! But just think...there may be some treasures in those boxes just waiting to warm your heart! Could you just leave your purple fabrics together and put them back together on the shelf?

and Viv, lovely projects. I too, keep trying to understand how I get so much built up! No answer for me yet, but I just try to keep working on the one in front of me and have stopped-er-TRIED to stop looking at new stuff till I have a few more in the finished column. But it's the possibilities...the potential...that is exciting, to me. I need to choose my love(project) and love my choice (the one I'm working on tothefinish!!!)
Old 01-26-2014, 04:40 AM

She is beautiful and so are you for rescuing her....
Old 01-26-2014, 04:43 AM

I think this would be so pretty "tied"..
Old 01-26-2014, 05:35 AM

Mariah and Nena.... so glad you jumped on board this UFO train. We need all the encouragers we can muster. The good thing is we all encourage right back when it's your turn.... So, keep us posted on what you're doing so we can oooh and aaah........ can't wait to see what you're working on.

Yukon, I was just over on the finished UFO thread and saw your blue quilt finished..... beautiful. And this one with the squares looks really interesting. I need to study it more to figure out how it's put together. I'm thinking that design would make a really nice guy quilt. I like it a lot.

Wildyard, I really hate it that you are so unhappy about finding another box of UFOs. I've struggled to get just a few UFOs done these last couple of years. But as I get closer to getting mine finished.... it does take a weight off. And to think I used to refuse to start a quilt until I had the one I was working on finished...... don't know how I did that.

I pulled out another UFO yesterday. I'm still working on the cathedral window and am down to the last 4 rows but I need to have the next finish waiting so I can push myself to finish the CW. My DH laughs at my plan to bargain with myself but it works for me. I got that hand quilting project done by forcing myself to quilt 3 blocks a day. Now, I'm forcing myself to stitch down 10 squares a day on the CW. But the OBW is partially on the design wall, ready to tweek...... and it's purple so when you said you had a ton of purple, wildyard, I really perked up. I'll have to take a picture today and post it.