Boom 11 - SLOW & EASY

Old 01-30-2014, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by KatsKidinWI View Post
I admit, I finished my last block for slow anbd easy today....made a huge mess in sewing room too. Also figured out how to adjst a d4p to be the right size. I have an albumn posted with everyones blocks.
Next project for daughter while waiting for inspiration on hallween quilt I've been working on.
Happy sewing.
Hi Kats',

Checked out your album today. I was a little concerned about my fabric choice being such and "open" pattern that much of the design would be lost. The block you made is perfect to showcase the fabric. It's beautiful! Thank you!
Bee
Old 01-30-2014, 12:15 PM

nanaKathy55 love it, Thank you!!!!!
Old 01-30-2014, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
I'm so glad you like it. You can find the pattern on QuiltersCache. It's an easy one to do. I don't know how others make their star points, but I take my little squares for the points, fold and press on the diagonal with wrong sides together and then sew on the press line. They come out right every time that way. I do love this pattern.
Thank you for the instructions. I copy-pasted them with my notes for the Block!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
Hahaha! We were posting at the same time. So glad you like it!. I love this fabric!
Sure you can make another one. It would help making the quilt bigger
Old 01-30-2014, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
Sure you can make another one. It would help making the quilt bigger
Consider it done! It will not be exactly the same, however a similar companion. Bee
Old 01-30-2014, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Just an fyi, I just checked USPS website. Priority envelopes appear to have remained the same price! A small pleasure, ladies!
Hmm. I just got back from the post office, and they told me it went up about 25 cents for the flat rate priority envelope. I have seen a thread on here before and depending on who you talked with at various po was what you paid. No one had the same price for the same size mailing. Be interested to know what others are being told.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:26 PM

If you go to the USPS site under "Postal Explorer," you can see all the prices of each class of mail. What envelope did you mail? As far as I know, we only raised the price of the large box. If it is a zone product, we do not use them, so I do not know the prices. Is it possible that they were charging too little before?

Gaijin
Old 01-30-2014, 07:31 PM

I mailed my priority package today for the Fast& Furious group. Mine wasn't flat rate, just priority. It cost me $5.70 each way (there and back to me) for a total of $11.40. I'm well pleased with my postage rate. Mine this time is a lot less expensive than when we mailed to each individual. Priority also includes free $50 insurance and tracking. Those tyvek envelopes are just about indestructible. I picked up 10 more of them at the post office today for free.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:33 PM

I think each po charges what THEY want to charge...my home town always charges me more for the same size/weight envelope as than the town I work in 12 miles away!! I don't even have to have them weighed in Fayette cause they know what Im sending and let it go but the PO in Boonville has to weigh every single one of them, just cause they can! Needless to say I always mail them in Fayette! They told me only the soft priority envelopes went by weight and the hard cardboard ones were a flat rate. I mailed mine before the rate increase so am not much help...sorry.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:47 PM

I misunderstood, I thought you were using Flat Rate packaging. Using just Priority rates on regular packages always has wildly different results depending on the exact weight and destination. If your package weighs 1 pound and 1 oz, you pay the 2 pound rate.
They should weigh each and every package, if they are not flat rate. If something appears to not have enough postage on it and it gets past the accepting post office, the receiving post office is supposed to either charge the recipient or return your package to you. I was surprised how many letter carriers pay the short postage for their customers and they never know they owed money!

Enough on the post office...I will upset everyone!

Gaijin