Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt pros & cons >

Accuquilt pros & cons

Accuquilt pros & cons

Old 02-01-2014, 04:13 AM

I use the GO a lot, so it is out on the table all the time. The strip dies are great not only for cutting strips, but the strips can be turned around and cut again into perfect squares. Just one of the reasons why the GO is a keeper.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:15 AM

I have the go. Love it!!! I like that I can store it away when not in use. I made a number of quilts using 2 1/2 inch strips. The go cuts them straight and fast. I have a number of dies, I keep an eye on the clearance at JAF and buy when on sale or close out. Would buy another!
Old 02-01-2014, 05:10 AM

I have the studio and bought the go adpter Love it because I can't cut my fabric good
Old 02-01-2014, 09:54 AM

I had a Go and a GoBaby. I sold both of them and bought the Studio. I am much happier with the Studio. It has more range, even if it's not as portable. It can also accept all the other dies from the 2 Go's, the Sizzix, and Big Shot using adapters. I love being able to cut a large number of strips in a short time. I also made a quilt with the Go tumbler die. It's nice to have prenotched. If you like a certain shape and they don't have it yet, the company does do custom shapes, but they do cost.

The Studio from Accuquilt and the GrandeMark from Accucut are the same machine (different lines from same company), so you can watch both sites for sales. I bought mine on sale.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:07 AM

I have the Go and love it. Don't think I would use the Studio enough though to justify the cost.

One of the best places I have found dies for it is Carolina Cotton Company which I found thanks to a post by another board member.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:08 AM

Also, a suggestion: Check out Ebony Love's book, "Big Little Book of Fabric Die Cutting Tips." She discusses the different machines as well.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:28 AM

My kids got me the a Baby Go, which is the one I hinted for, last year for Christmas and I LOVE it.
i have several die including the 2 1/2 strip cutter.
I just treated myself to the rag quilt die and what a time saver.
it cuts 4 layers of flannel and even cuts the fringe. Perfect since I have 5 to make for our gr babies.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

I don't have one yet but the Go is on my list of must haves....I had a chance to use one over the Christmas holiday and I loved it....
Old 02-03-2014, 04:43 PM

You can also use the go dies with your studio cutter with an adapter that doesn't cost much and you need only buy one. So you can use the less expensive dies on the studio and have a wider range of dies to choose from. I value my studio cutter.

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I have the Go and I would buy another one if it broke, no question. It is as important to me as my sewing machine. The only con I have for the Studio is the space it takes to keep it set up.
The dies cost more for the Studio but there are more dies to choose from. The Studio will cut more layers at one time.
The Go is easy to move and store. You can find Go dies at most shops.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:35 AM

I have the Go baby. I have the circle die, squares, and more. Family likes to get me the dies on birthdays, and other holidays. I want a hexie and a clamshell. The circles really save time and are great for yo-yo's. I have always wanted to make a clamshell but did not want to do the cutting. I have heard of stores with these machines who let people use them for a fee. I, gladly, share mine at club meetings.