Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap >

February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap

February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap

Old 02-01-2014, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
I'm about 60 miles from NYC out in suffollk county. to the superbowl about 1-2 hrs no traffic.with traffic a bit more. The Meadowlands, where it's being held is right over the George Washington Bridge. about 5-10 minutes into NJ. My dh is going to a party at the clubhouse where we live. I'm going out with friends to celebrate Chinese New year 2 days late.

You wouldn't catch me at that game. In muy younger yrs, I went there twice. I was numb with cold for hours after. evenif you're in the sun, it's too cold. wore a full length beaver ct and froze. I have dh recording it for the commercials
I used to go to Belmont Park for the horse races. It was about 4 1/2 hrs from where I lived in NH. I had even gone to Bay Shore when my son was 8 or so for a baseball tournament. On that trip we were looking for the Amityville house and of course I forgot the street address and I stopped somewhere to find out where it was and they were all laughing. When we did find it someone was living in it and it was painted orange and it is sideways not how they showed it in the movies. I lived about an hour from the Patriots and never would have thought about going to a game. It's icy now so I'm going to wait until it starts raining and warms up before I go to JoAnn's.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
I have the crystal pins and added beads to them. I thought they turned out nice. I sent a couple of them to my pc swaps.
I usually go to the JoAnn's in Hudson where their headquarters are. In NH we only had the small JoAnn's. In Medina there is one but not quite as big as the one in Hudson.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:29 AM

Thanks for the info, Pat. I'll have to check out the one in Hudson when I move.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

NHNative---the house is on Atlantic ave, or that what it was called backthen. The houses are not numbered correctly as on any other block. You're right it is side facing on the lot, ie facing the driveway. the only one on the block facing that way, it's at a stop sign too.
will go to joann's later to see if they have the crystal pins.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
I have the crystal pins and added beads to them. I thought they turned out nice. I sent a couple of them to my pc swaps.
I would like to decocorate some pins with beads, what glue should I use?
Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Power Poster

I use superglue, it holds the best.
Just went to Joanns and got the pins with the crystals on top. No one there knew they had them.
I need to get some fancy beads now. Joanns didn't have anything all that interesting.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
I use superglue, it holds the best.
Just went to Joanns and got the pins with the crystals on top. No one there knew they had them.
I need to get some fancy beads now. Joanns didn't have anything all that interesting.
I wouldn't have known they had them if it wasn't for Klaws. I went to 2 JoAnn's today and got the pearl and the crystal ones. I had seen one tute on making the stickpins and she used Glossy Accents for the glue. I did buy some but haven't tried it yet. One girl online even made them with the longest straight pin she could find no top bead or pearl. I went on Pinterest to see what others are making. It sounds like they are using them in scrapbooking.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nhnative View Post
I wouldn't have known they had them if it wasn't for Klaws. I went to 2 JoAnn's today and got the pearl and the crystal ones. I had seen one tute on making the stickpins and she used Glossy Accents for the glue. I did buy some but haven't tried it yet. One girl online even made them with the longest straight pin she could find no top bead or pearl. I went on Pinterest to see what others are making. It sounds like they are using them in scrapbooking.
How are they using them on scrapbooking? I can't picture it. I finished my pin cushion today. Wanna see it????
Old 02-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Power Poster

Lawsonmugs yes want to see it.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:54 PM

I want to see it too!