Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You Can Do This ! >

You Can Do This !

You Can Do This !

Old 02-05-2014, 05:08 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Best. Post. Ever. EVER. I need to have it tattooed on my forehead... in reverse, of course.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:25 AM

You are an inspiration to all of us. It is a gift to be able to portray your feelings so well and nice of you to share your journey. Your philosophy will serve you well. Thank you for taking the time to share your heart.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:31 AM

Thank you, thank you for your encouraging post! What a morale builder you are! My philosophy is: Every quilt is a rehearsal for the next quilt. I learn from each quilt no matter what it is, and I have found that once the quilt comes off the frame, it looks great no matter how many little mistakes there may be in it.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by quilttiger View Post
........ I have found that once the quilt comes off the frame, it looks great no matter how many little mistakes there may be in it.
Isn't that the truth? I can point out every little mistake while my quilt is on the frame, but once it's finished, bound, and thru the wash, I can hardly see any of the mistakes that I know are there.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:37 AM

great post thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2014, 05:42 AM

Thank you for putting into words what all of us need to remember. I'm not particularly new to this hobby/craft/addiction, but I certainly do feel all of what you said. I've given up trying to be perfect since I am having so much fun. The few people who have received my quilts, table runners, or whatever as gifts have seemed pleased with them and have said thank you -- all but one -- and she's not on my list anymore. Her loss? I think so. Thanks again for reminding us that we are having fun and creating something wonderful!!
Old 02-05-2014, 05:54 AM

Thanks for reinforcing that. I always worried that people would write me off if I said I didn't care that it didn't turn out perfectly. It's not that I don't care, it's that it doesn't ruin my day.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:30 AM

Nice quilt.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:00 AM

Wonderfully written and a good reminder to a lot of us as to why we started quilting in the first place.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:30 AM

Like everyone else, I was inspired by your post. If its okay with you, I am going to print it out and hand it up above my sewing machine. I have been discouraged lately and your post is just what I need to keep reminding myself!