Boom 11 - SLOW & EASY

Old 02-07-2014, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
It's great!

I had originally gone in with the idea of doing a cornflower blue sashing but I think I'm leaning toward a medium gray now so that all the blues pop within the blocks.
Thanks! Glad you like it! I looked at all the blocks in both galleries that are completed so far with your fabric. This quilt is going to be a really nice one! Lot's of blues and soft whites. Your medium gray idea sounds like a good way to showcase the blues.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:15 PM

Here is my Block for Libster!

I had to get Dresden Plate Blossom in somewhere. The fabric seemed to be perfect for it. I have not hand-appliqued the Petals to the background yet. I like the Bloom a little offset to one corner. However, will finish this by hand after getting your thoughts. Lib, I want to especially thank you for making someone new to Quilting Board - who has never participated in a "Swap" - feel so very welcome! Everyone has been great and patient with me while learning the ropes ....or should I say the threads
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Boomerang 11 - For Libster.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	461018  
Old 02-07-2014, 12:17 PM

Janice - a big for the gallery! I love seeing all the finished blocks together to give me some inspiration.
I will start working on more blocks this weekend! My 11 yr old DD made the state chorus so we traveled to the big city of Louisville this week. She had two solid days of rehearsal with small breaks then the group performed last night. It was great and the conductor did a fabulous job. So fun to be around kids that are happy and doing what they love. If you look around the internet, there is video of a group from the all-state high school chorus doing an impromptu national anthem in the hotel.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
Here is my Block for Libster!

I had to get Dresden Plate Blossom in somewhere. The fabric seemed to be perfect for it. I have not hand-appliqued the Petals to the background yet. I like the Bloom a little offset to one corner. However, will finish this by hand after getting your thoughts. Lib, I want to especially thank you for making someone new to Quilting Board - who has never participated in a "Swap" - feel so very welcome! Everyone has been great and patient with me while learning the ropes ....or should I say the threads
WOW! Bee - this is beautiful.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:59 PM

Hello ladies, advance notice on your shipping. PLEASE try to keep your completed block packages small and use a letter or legal sized FLAT RATE PRIORITY ENVELOPE. Some of our F&F swappers have used alternate envelopes and are being charged considerably more than the $5.60 or $5.75 respectively for the FLAT RATE ENVELOPES. If you work on keeping your individual packaging small (no gigantic zip lock bags with zippers) and neatly arrange them (don't just toss them in and expect them to fit), I all but promise you that 15 or 16 WILL fit in a package! You can always secure the seams with some packing tape if you are concerned about that. Remember, those FLAT RATE envelopes DO NOT CHANGE PRICE whether you have a single sheet of paper in them or 16 F8s. Please realize that the F8s actually contain more fabric than a 12 1/2 block. If your F8s fit, so should your blocks. Save your money for more fabric! Just trying to help here swappers!

Last edited by Janice McC; 02-07-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:39 PM

OMG. Bee! I am totally speechless!! What an absolutely gorgeous, elegant block you've made for me. Saying I love it doesn't even begin to describe what I need to say to thank you for this one. I love all of your blocks that you've made for our group, but this is my very favorite one yet.
Thank you for your kind words re: welcoming you to our group swap. We are so lucky to have so much talent in both of our groups and a fantastic hostess who has worked so hard making this happen for all of us. I truly hope to be lucky enough to participate in many more swaps with everyone here. I have loved working with everyone's fabrics. I just hope that the blocks I made will fit in with everyone elses'. I can't wait to see these quilt tops put together!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:08 PM

Lib,

I am so happy that you are pleased! Yes, we do have a good group. I have really enjoyed meeting new people via this Swap. I will long cherish my quilt from this Swap. It has been very rewarding for me to participate. I have tried new ideas, learned about Quilter's Cache, learned to plan for 13 inch blocks to achieve 12 1/2 inches.....the list goes on. I appreciate that the postage is a consideration. However the friendships and benefits are worth budgeting for....I am retired and understand the importance of a budget. One evening I will share my Dresden Plate story...which explains why I am so fond of them. Maybe a "how-to" tutorial with photos......as well. As for tonight....my pillow is calling me....tomorrow is another day!

Bee
Old 02-07-2014, 07:15 PM

[QUOTE=Bee Beatty;6561617]Lib,

Bee your Dreseden is just plain awesome. Absolutely beautiful

terriamn
Old 02-07-2014, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Old_Rosebud View Post
WOW! Bee - this is beautiful.
Thank you Rose!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:21 PM

[QUOTE=terriamn;6561628]
Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post