Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed >

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

Old 02-09-2014, 04:15 PM

applique LOVE the Fish and Cickens!!! The colors are great.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Power Poster

Both the chicken and fish are great but since I am knee deep in chickens right now that one sparks the most interest. We had three chicks hatch today. They are so darn cute! for now they are still in lock down and drying but soon they should go in the brooder. Love the chicken pox title! Just knew they would have spots. Where did you find the pattern or did you design it?

Originally Posted by applique View Post
Wow what great progress everyone is making! I'm taking a little break. Had a high school student show up looking for a credit card holder. He lost his and hoped we might have one. Unfortunately we didn't but I suggested he come back and make one. Dug out camo fabric, pattern from internet etc..He did show up and even though he didn't know how to sew, run a sewing machine or even iron, he did it! Went home with his card holder and a big smile! While he was working I got to play with pieces for a new quilt called chicken pox. The fish were so much fun I just had to try the chickens!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:30 AM

CarolynMT...WOW!!! Those fabrics are BEAUTIFUL!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:53 AM

Wonderful progress people. I am guilty, I have only thought about getting onto mine. Stuck on getting my class samples done right now. Finished quilting my hexagon quilt yesterday, but no binding on it yet. Shortnsweet is patient thank goodness. She is in the process of getting her sewing room set up since her move. Bless her heart. She has stayed in contact with me. All good here.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
Wow Carolyn I love ever one. Going to be a beautiful quilt!!!! I have half of your quilt put together.
I am so glad you like the fabrics. I think the pattern will showcase those fabrics perfectly, and the extras I have planned will take it over the top. But you must PROMISE me that you are going to use this quilt no putting it aside cause it is too pretty or stuff like that Only requirement I have! I want all my work to be loved and used. If at some point it wears out and we are still around here I'll happily replace it!

Originally Posted by mumukate View Post
CarolynMT...WOW!!! Those fabrics are BEAUTIFUL!
Arent they? OMG, I just couldnt leave them on the shelf at the store, so very lonely, lol, I was going to make a quilt with them regardless, thankfully I was blessed with a partner who loves them and will enjoy the finished product is a Win-Win for me
Old 02-10-2014, 08:06 PM

Carolyn I will use it,but only me!!! My husband and little fur baby Zoey can find there own. LOL
Old 02-11-2014, 01:11 PM

I know everyone is busy...but remember...

By the 15th of each month, each person sends me a PM letting me know how far along they are with their quilt for their partner. I suggest that you put a reminder in your calendar with the following text in it, which is what I need to hear from you:

o 100% complete and ready to be shipped!
o 90%: need to finish quilting and binding, then she’s ready for lift-off!
o 75%: sandwiched and about to quilt
o 50%: nearing completion of the top; about to sandwich
o 25%: fabric cut and piecing in progress
o 5-10%: know the design; have most of the fabric; dragging my feet getting started, but I WILL complete and be ready to ship THIS QUILT BY August 1, 2014!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:27 PM

Just sent you a progress report, all's good here. Hope you will be pleased Dabbler, I think it's awesome! Now I just need to get the thread I want and get it quilted.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:11 PM

wow wow wow wow.... did I mention: wow!

I have been offline for MONTHS AND MONTHS. I am SO happy to see that this swap has continued. It's so exciting to see the energy continue. Thanks SO MUCH, Yosamitesa, for taking this on, and for everyone-- alumni and newbies-- who is participating. I'll be watching!

-- Jillaine
Old 02-12-2014, 12:31 PM

Hi jillaine!!! We miss you!!!

Sorry ladies and gent...having dental issues with my lil man (he is 4). Long story short...a dentist screwed up doing a crown in June. Found out today with a new dentist the tooth was infected and had to be pulled instead of a new crown. He is home with me now resting. Been a long 36 hours since the initial crown fell off.

Thanks to all who have sent me status updates!!!