Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 02-13-2014, 05:58 AM

Will get mine out and start looking at them again with the next round in mind. The rounds have been busy ones and think it may need something simple for a resting place on both quilts. I have been sewing though, had a final border to put on Dragonflies round robin quilt and mailed it to her yesterday and I have started cutting the pieces for a black and white storm at sea. That one will take a while to make, cal king size, for our bedroom. This is one that my husband really wants me to make, he thinks the pattern is awesome and it is, but it will probably drive me nutso! Finished sewing a quilt for quilter's quilt, have to get thread before I can get it quilted.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:07 AM

Brat, I'm still working on mine, it has been slow. Some days only get to sew for an hour or two, But do have all the pieces together now. I'm in the process of deciding on what color to use between the last border & this one to help make a break between the two. Also going to do something different on each of the four corners, so that will take a bit of time. I'm hoping to have it all done and post a picture by the end of the weekend. Sometimes, and this may be one of them, that I tend to bite off a bigger chunk and push myself to do something a little more complex. But I always learn something while doing it.
Everyone is doing such a great job so far and I hope all are enjoying doing this as much as I am.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:34 AM

Brat: Love your Pom-poms but aren't your legs cold with that little short skirt? I'm finished with the Feb round, think this next one is going to have to be a frame, my eye needs a break. What I will probably do is put a solid or near solid in and then choose my next round. So far its been easy because one of them just seemed to jump out at me.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:14 AM
dd

I'm working on mine. I have the pieces cut and some are sewn together. Took a while to decide on which pattern. I knew which fabrics I wanted to use. Can't post pics but I'm working on it.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:03 AM

Here is my first Mystery Quilt wallhanging. It was beautifully quiilted by Sue Baddley of Summit Creek Quilts.
Thank you Elisabrat & Jaba.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mystery Quilt #1 001.JPG
Views:	640
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	462114  
Old 02-13-2014, 12:02 PM

Very nice Dotty. Wish mine looked that good - I'm at a standstill, don't know where to go next - oh well..such is life..lol
Old 02-13-2014, 01:24 PM

dotcom-that is so pretty, great job & it's finished!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:34 PM

My fabric I ordered arrived today. They don't go together as well as I thought they would. That's what I get for ordering online instead of going to a shop and actually touching the pretties. My first priority is a birthday table runner that needs a bit more quilting and then binding. DGD turns one soon and her party will be on the 22nd. Hope to have my 2nd round finished before we leave on vacation the 28th. The 3rd round will have to wait until mid March for me. I also still have 2 baby quilts to make and then there's the mystery quilt. Jeepers!
Old 02-13-2014, 04:37 PM

Pam: I buy a lot of fabric on line but really never depend on it matching. Something else in my stash probably will. Some of the sites have matching walls where you highlight a color and it show you the fabric that matches. I don't know if this really works but might be worth a try.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:41 PM

Well ladies they are looking great!

But I am having a hard time with mine this month the measurements did not work out well so I added a solid border 2 1/2" all the way around and with that I can add the 3 1/2" HST units and ended in an odd number, but I am just not liking the look of it on my center as I had put the curling ribbon on in the previous round. May remove the one side I did put on and wait to see what next month has to offer.

So anxiously waiting until next month then will decide where to go with my center from there