2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 02-16-2014, 04:50 AM

That fabric is irresistible, Paper Princess, and you just had to tease us with it, right? LOL!! If you had to buy something, fabric is good and that fabric is just delicious! You could blame it on the full moon...that's always affects folks in interesting ways!! Enjoy the anticipation of your fabric arriving.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:26 AM

Bending the rules??? My LQS is celebrating their 9th anniversary with a 20% off the bolt (any bolt) plus 50% off some fabrics. It was our 16th anniversary and my husband reminded me of the sale (how nice of him)! He gave me $40 to go shopping....so I spent 'his' money, LOL. I only spent $28.90 so I'm ahead! I bought some beautiful fabric (birds, flowers, great colors in 10" square pictures) with several solids for pieced blocks to coordinate. Not bad!
Did I break my resolution? It was a great sale!
Old 02-16-2014, 09:31 AM

I almost bought some material Thursday. At first thought go with that quilt I have planned. Thought it over an no it would not and put the bolt back on the shelf. So far this year no buys.

Laynal
I would have bought 10 inch blocks of birds and such too. I would say you were "forced" to buy.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:11 PM

not shopping. No friggen way. I just got two more boxes of scraps from a dear friend in CA and another box from my dh mom.. and my own scraps were driving me nuts! oh no! I am so grateful for the gifts but its not helping me. lol.. and then a sweet quilter here on the board sent me TWENTY fat quarters.. all in the same day. I just turn and turn in circles looking at all of this. omg.. how will I ever use these up??? I could make so many quilts out of the scraps alone.. yikes guys.. I need more energy to ever get through these.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:04 PM

Well, after my mammogram on Friday, I thought a latte would serve as my reward....but, since I was way out there anyway, I stopped by a favorite quilt store. Hmmmm, bad plan you say? Yes! I just had to have the 2 new blood red batiks they got in. Seeing them, touching them, purchasing them almost made the pancake squeezing bearable. I only bought half yards, and technically they are for a future project that I have been collecting for.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:16 PM

Ahh Teresa...First of all..I will give you a total pass on this one. Red fabric is irresistible in my book and one can never have too much and if you are collecting for a special project then there should be no regrets! I am glad you stopped by that favorite store...perhaps that 'p-squeezing' was auspicious and you were meant to have those reds. I am glad for you! :-)
Old 02-16-2014, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 View Post
Ahh Teresa...First of all..I will give you a total pass on this one. Red fabric is irresistible in my book and one can never have too much and if you are collecting for a special project then there should be no regrets! I am glad you stopped by that favorite store...perhaps that 'p-squeezing' was auspicious and you were meant to have those reds. I am glad for you! :-)
Thanks Sandy! You are my "favorite" codependent. Here they are, now you know why I couldn't resist
[ATTACH=CONFIG]462877[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	462877  
Old 02-17-2014, 05:27 AM

Teresa: I just started a red and white quilt. Love your batiks! How are you going to set the red? Even though I prewashed with color catchers when I spilled water on the red it ran into the white. So my question is in total self interest.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:33 AM

bleeding reds.. ugh. my color catcher caught lots of the red but the one fabric still bleeds. I think cause this is a piece of fabric you can retayne it right? I just bought some to set my batiks the fat quarters I have as I didn't think I could put those in a washer because of the size. I used some of the cruddy red scrap I had in a quilt top and now I find its going to bleed. guess I take those blocks out for safety.

LOVE YOUR REDS Teresa but um it counts as breaking the rules I think .. sorry. Buying fabric is buying fabric unless your finishing a project already in the making. lol POLICE QUILT POLICE! (siren blaring .. ). I think maybe its more realistic to just truly limit what we buy but this moratorium is obviously not working. I think its like saying the word.. DIET soon as you say it you crave what you can't have. I have lots of food I can't have. Crave them ALL the time. so maybe we don't say.. moratorium because it inspires us to.. WANT, NEED, BUY!!! PLEASE COME OVER AND HELP ME KILL MY SCRAP PILES!
Old 02-17-2014, 07:16 AM

Elisabrat: We all agree we fall of the wagon repeatedly but the general consensus is we really reduce our over all expenditures and that's all to the good. I don't think you have fully addressed yourself to the fact that as Sandy pointed out, red is irresistible therefore it falls in a different category. Remember Mary had just gone through a totally traumatic experience and needed some retail therapy. She literally had her *** in a wringer. All in all I think a .5 demerit is all that Mary has earned. Nancia is usually our legal authority on these matters, maybe she will chime in.