Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard >

Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard

Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard

Old 02-16-2014, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
- the mystery to me at this point is how to use 13 blocks, particularly since we've been told this will finish square
I need to remind everyone who is saying square that I never ever said you were going to end up with a square. Remember when I said a "topper" of about 42"? Hmmmm.... yup it's a mystery all right.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:41 AM

Wow what pretty colors. Mine are ready for the next step.Think I'll go to the club car and watch the the world go by. Maybe a hot cider I will drink and a goodie.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
ok don't laugh at me but as I watch all the scrappy blocks come together I am looking at all the tiny fabrics wondering what you made with this one and that one.. and some of them are so pretty I want yardage of them! shopping your scraps I am
I do the same thing! One of my favorite things when staying with my grandmother and great-grandmother as a kid was looking at the quilts on the beds. They were all scrappy (that's all GM and GGM made), and I would wonder, "Who had the dress with the little dogs?" or "Where did the fuzzy dots come from?" ...many happy hours.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
I need to remind everyone who is saying square that I never ever said you were going to end up with a square. Remember when I said a "topper" of about 42"? Hmmmm.... yup it's a mystery all right.
Oh Judy, you are teasing us again, but I Love it!! I haven't gotten my blocks sewn together yet, but as soon as I do, I will be posting my picture. Now off to wonder how this lay out might be going to happen!!
Old 02-16-2014, 09:28 AM

Christmas??? I got this as a charm pack... didn't know what it was... there are pink fairy pigs on a couple squares... thought it couldn't be any worse.....so on the train.. This is my first ride.... I had to go back and look at the other rides... trouble is I had to peek at the end result... so not as much fun..... Can't wait for Friday... are the blocks on point.????

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Paulswalia I never cared for orange either. Yours is beautiful. Love the combo you chose.Sdeaaz love the Christmas fabrics in yours. They are all turning out soo pretty.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Power Poster

sdeaaz, sorry I went back and looked closer they are not what I first thought. It looked like ornaments and poinsettias and lots of green and red. I guess it was just designs and my poor eyesight. It IS turning out pretty though.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:56 AM

Can't wait for Friday... are the blocks on point.???? --

Not necessarily. I just set my quilt blocks that way to take pictures. I'm keeping my options open though - - -

Jane
Old 02-16-2014, 10:43 AM

Finished my blocks this morning after having to rip and stitch about half of them. Memo to self, don't piece blocks after taking a pain pill. Oh my, ever so spring like. I was lucky to find enough big pieces from Aunt Peggy's scraps for the 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 blocks. The mint green fabric was from an ever so small pair of bell bottoms! The hot pink and orange fabrics a voiles and dotted swiss. I just underlined them like a garment to be able to use the fabrics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]462725[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mystery Quilt 6 002.JPG
Views:	358
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	462725  
Old 02-16-2014, 11:44 AM

Caroline, really like the bright spring fabric you used.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by sdeaaz View Post
Christmas??? I got this as a charm pack... didn't know what it was... there are pink fairy pigs on a couple squares... thought it couldn't be any worse.....so on the train.. This is my first ride.... I had to go back and look at the other rides... trouble is I had to peek at the end result... so not as much fun..... Can't wait for Friday... are the blocks on point.????

I'm just in love with their funkiness! I love the different though. I bought mine from MSQ a while back and am doing a DP4 patch with them. I'm loving watching what you're doing with yours.