Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap >

February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap

February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap

Old 02-16-2014, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

I love the 2 pretty needle cases and the doggie is so cute. Glad to see more spring fabrics coming out. Maybe just hopeful thinking huh? Lynnie some of us don't care about height when it comes to men. I am 5'7" My husband is 5'6" . When I was single I dated one guy 5' and another 5'1". It never bothered me. Actually they were both very nice guys. And one was 2 yrs younger than me and we were in our late teens. My first husband was a little over 6' and was a A*%#$@&... The saying Great things come in small packages is so true.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

thanks Mary, I keep telling him that, he's very good looking and built like a brick house. he's about 110-120. works out every day. a real sweetie.
Joanns is starting to get some florals in. can't wait for the daffodils and pansies and tulips. All seems so springy. I may change my pc design. went to Michaels and saw some leprechauns, and of course, got another idea. We did get a new hostess, right??? I have a few days till signup, so i'll play around with some fabric.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

what a cute little needlecase, and such a cute puppy. love themboth. o.k., I got inspired, gonna go in the sewing room
Old 02-16-2014, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

Scrapper the needle case is so pretty. I love the sewing machine on it, and the little shiny thing on the bottom. That pincushion is so sweet too. It looks like a little Boston Terrier. My husband's family always had that kind of doggie.

Lynnie your son will be fine when he meets the right girl that is out there right now. They are probably getting closer to meeting each other each day that goes by.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:08 PM
Power Poster

I hope so Susan. isn't that doggie a cutie???
Started my march pincushion. a hint. ..... green
Old 02-17-2014, 06:16 AM

There is nothing spring around here. After yesterday's blizzard and more snow tonight into tomorrow I guess when I get 50 on Thursday I'll be surprised. Love the needlecases and the dog pincushion. My aunt used to raise Boston Terriers. I need to get some more moss for my terrarium and there is so much snow it's all hidden. JoAnn's has 50% off their bead strands this week. Like I need more. I think Michael's is 50% off too. If I go in either of those stores I'll come out with more beads.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

any word on next months swap yet. I hope I didn't miss something. still working on my pc for march. ran into a problem last night with the construction. have to rework it a bit.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:25 AM
Power Poster

Can't remember for sure but, didn't Judy say someone else was taking over next month? We need to be sure to thank Judy and leave positive feedback for all her work and being a fun host.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:42 AM

I hope we hear about next month soon. There has to be time for people to sign up before the first of the month.

Just got back from Michael's and spent too much on beads. I went over my receipt and saw that I was charged twice for 2 bead strands. The total overcharge came to $3.98. I live several miles away from the store and would cost me more in gas to go back to the store than what it is worth. That irritates me so much! The beads are supposed to be 50% off and then I had a coupon for 25% total purchase including sale items. I got some beads that were already marked down to $1.99. Those beads were not included in the total for the 25% off total purchase. I don't understand how they can mislead people and rip them off like that. When any of you go, please watch what you are being charged.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:17 AM

I went to JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby and of course bought more beads. I've had a lot of trouble buying stuff at Michael's. You have to read the whole on sale sign as the small print tells you that it's not on sale even though the sale sign is on that rack. I had bought some fake snow and tried to use a 40% coupon and she said I couldn't use it on seasonal items. That was a good one as it was this winter and all the other stuff was on sale. Then I went to the Volunteers of America (thrift store) and got 3 blazers for the 100% wool and it cost me $2 for everything. That store is in Brunswick. I have one in my city but I never get good buys like this one. Then I went on to Medina where they had the Ice Festival. So many pieces of carved ice sculptures and so many people because the kids are off school again today.