2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 02-17-2014, 07:33 AM

oh my gosh your right! I forgot red was excluded! Sandy time to get out the wet noodle and womp me. What was I thinking? don't tell Nancia she will do more than chime in. She will steal my men with quilts and burritos calendar and what will I look at. (this calendar last year was so funny bo hunk men shirtless, holding a burrito and having a quilt over say one shoulder).

I am thinking of cutting my scraps into layer cakes and selling those.. what do you think> too many for me to ever use asI grow them daily.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:55 AM

It's February 17th. I'm half way through the month and have not bought fabric. It's a miracle!
Old 02-17-2014, 07:58 AM

Aha! Once again dear Brat, you have come to my rescue. I signed up for a quilt class at first of May and need 2 layer cakes for the class. If you do decide to sell..I would just as soon pay you for them as give money to Jo Ann's. Let me know. If it is for a specific class..it isn't falling off the wagon either :-) and the instructions say that we should be well on the way to getting most of the top done in one long day! :-)
Old 02-17-2014, 09:37 AM

Oh sure Rhonda Lee go ahead and crow over the people lying in the dust.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Power Poster

Elisabrat you need SYNTHRAPOL for the running dies. Apparently it is the pac-man of die-gobbeling soaps.

Remember I told you of the mandatory trip to the quilt store? Oh I went, I looked, I fondled, and I shopped. Quilts and Things in Morgan Hill has the best selection of flannels I have seen in ages. DH told me that he would like a rag quilt made from the flannels. Oh darn! lol

I also got a wall hanging kit (for a special person) and a few large stencils. Pat pulled the Visa out without batting an eye. Good Man! Now to find time for quilting.

Off to clean up the camper.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:58 PM

Martina: Glad you found a good selection of goodies. About the Synthrapol, unfortunately I have my quilt flimsy half pieced. Do you think it would work with the whites in there with the reds?
Old 02-17-2014, 05:20 PM

waiting with baited breath for that answer about synthrapol never heard of this one.

Sandy what colors fabrics do you need? just holler and no you wont pay me. Pay it forward is how this game works.. and you certainly can't pay me in FABRIC yikes.. noooooo!!!! lol.. I am good to go just tell me what you need in layer cakes and I will whip one up for you.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:39 AM

Well, I forgot about my Guild's auction!! I bought fabric, but it was such a good buy I couldn't resist.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:52 AM

oh well its for a good cause and therefore you had to bid. I think you would have been in the doghouse cindy if you didn't so therefore you too get a pass on being bad

we sure give out passes here what about the encouragement to NOT shop? I need it. Having a need some new fabric moment and that I surely do not need. Needs and wants. Big difference learned that a while ago. I sure want it though maybe we can do some trades? this way.. we feel like we have shopped! if you were closer you could come and shop my stash. I am near no one however. Ok near Jaba but she has such a killer stash that she doesn't need anything from my piddly one. Mine is big for me but its all relative.. she sews up quilts like its going out of style. I am not nearly half that fast so mine is more than enough for a slow poke like me!
Old 02-18-2014, 04:53 AM

oh hey an idea! I am doing the fat quarter swap for March. Its spring flowers! if you want to trade some of yours there it might kill the need to shop concept. Amazing how many flowers we have even if you think your not a flower person.