Olympic Torch

Old 12-15-2009, 09:24 AM

What town are you in Nancy? I will try to see it when it gets here in Feb. I can't wait!!!!!! How appropriate to start and stop at 2 iconic places lol. You have to love Timmies! I thought I would die 8 years ago when I moved to BC and there were hardly any here. I came from Hamilton where there is a Tim's on every other corner....... lol
Old 12-15-2009, 09:31 AM

Thanks for sharing---that is so neat!

The Olympic torch passed through the town where we were living in 1984. They let the kids out of class to line the streets and cheer. My kids still talk about it--it is exciting!
Old 12-15-2009, 09:50 AM

Hi Andi, the pic's are from Renfrew, Ont. I was born in Hamilton. My inlaws are in Richmond. Small world.
Nancy
Old 12-15-2009, 09:53 AM

It is a very small world indeed. :thumbup: You should see the new Skating Oval out here, omg it is gorgeous. Downtown Vancouver is going to be a nightmare because of traffic restrictions, but that is the price we pay for getting the games.
We did manage to get a much needed upgrade to the transit system......all the way out to the airport!
Old 12-15-2009, 11:30 AM

When my daughter was a senior in HS, she was chosen to carry it through our town. My SIL in GA carried it as well, she was a rep for Delta Airlines. Since she was in the end stages of brain cancer, they let my brother have the torch (probably a replica) that she carried.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Power Poster

Awww Deb, that was so wonderful of them to do that for your brother!!! That is so awesome that she was able to participate. And to have your daughter carry the torch too!!! WOW :D:D:D
Old 12-15-2009, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
When my daughter was a senior in HS, she was chosen to carry it through our town. My SIL in GA carried it as well, she was a rep for Delta Airlines. Since she was in the end stages of brain cancer, they let my brother have the torch (probably a replica) that she carried.
Deb, so sorry to hear about your SIL but what a wonderful momento for your brother to have. The torch must bring back happy memories for you.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Andi
It is a very small world indeed. :thumbup: You should see the new Skating Oval out here, omg it is gorgeous. Downtown Vancouver is going to be a nightmare because of traffic restrictions, but that is the price we pay for getting the games.
We did manage to get a much needed upgrade to the transit system......all the way out to the airport!
Andi, I rode that thing from the Richmond Center to the Sea Bus and week after it opened this summer. What a great trip.

Nancy