Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting prices, good or what? >

Quilting prices, good or what?

Quilting prices, good or what?

Old 02-23-2014, 04:05 AM

Im sorry I posted my reply wrong, tried to delete my wrong postings but apparently I don't know how. sorry.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:28 AM

I think that's very affordable..depending on their quality/design availabilties.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Barb_MO View Post
I just picked one up from my quilter and she charged 83.00 for quilting an all over pattern, backing and 80/20 hobbs batting. The size is 96x96 and the quilter did a good job.

That's a super price. Our club had our last raffle quilt quilt done by a long armer. I believe our secretary said it was $235 to have it qulted. It may have been bound as well in that price. I thought it was a bit pricey, but I had no role in the decision making for getting it finished.

Last edited by dee1245; 02-23-2014 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Pearl View Post
I live in a rural area in southern Illinois in a town of about 15,000. This morning I went to a very small QS in a small town close by. I was talking about the cost of quiling and she gave the name of some folks that quilt. I was suprised at how cheaply I can have a quilt done. Their prices range from $25.00 for a baby quilt up to $60.00 for a king size, if you supply the batting and backing of course. She also had a sheet of paper with all their quilting designs to choose from. The woman at the quilt shop has used these people herself and she was very satified.
Soooooo what do you think? Aren't the prices very resonable or am I wrong in thinking so?
When I went on a Shop Hop this past summer one of the shops gave us a bsns. card of a long armer in her area that did full size quilts for $45. I thouhgt that was a super price. She had a quilt there that had been done by that person and it looked great. That quilter is about 50 miles from me, so she may have more business...
Old 02-23-2014, 08:37 AM

Our guild in mid-Missouri has a list of about 10 long-arm quilters in our area. Going prices range for $28 for baby quilt to about $45 for a queen and they provide the batting. They all do good work. Of course, this is for an all over pattern or pantogram pattern of our choice which is fine for our charity quilts. Custom or hand quilting, of course, is much higher, can range as high as $300. I think there is probably a lot of variation in prices, depending on where you are but in the midwest there are a lot of quilters where prices are quite reasonable.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

There are so many quilters that have LA in my small town that are trying to pay for them. The going rate for a king size is $65, they provide the batting. Several do free hand and the rest to computer designs or follow a pattern. None would win awards but the stitching looks okay from most of them. A church group of elderly ladies meets once a week and handquilts for $50 a double bed size quilt. The stitching ranges from perfect to five per inch all on the same quilt. The money goes for missions so they don't have to do any fundrasing for that cause from their group. They can sit and do what they love and make a little money.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:40 PM

I would ask to see some samples of their work, and maybe have them do a small quilt first. If you are happy with that, then I say go ahead and use them. Everybody has to start somewhere, and her prices will reflect that as she gains experience
Old 02-23-2014, 09:01 PM

For simple edge to edge pantos...in a very competitive area...about right....except for a king, I'd think closer to $80. would be more like it.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:50 AM

Wish I could find someone in S. CA who has those kind of prices.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:05 PM

Very interesting thread today as I was thinking how was I going to have a baby quilt completed. It has a picture that is too thick for my usual hand quilting. I too live across the Lewis and Clark Bridge in Illinois. So I'm interested in having it long arm quilted. P.M. if you know a long armer in my area.