Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap >

February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap

February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap

Old 02-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Power Poster

I already made mine for next month, cute little leprechauns on top of pincushions, like my summer one with the shells and my Christmas one from last year. they are darlings and i'm sure anyone would love them and give them a new home. so i'm mailing out green for next month and hope that's o.k. with everyone else
Old 02-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

Scrapper that is a very nice pincushion.

Lynnie your pincushion sounds so cute. I can't wait to see it. Whoever the lucky person is to get it, I hope you post a picture.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:55 PM
Power Poster

Susan, you may be one of the lucky ones, you never know. I never swapped a pc with you
Old 02-22-2014, 11:20 PM
Power Poster

That is true lynnie. I guess that means I am going to be in on this. lol......I better start looking now. lol...

To the others, my dad had a heart attack a few days ago, but he is stable now. Monday or Tuesday he will be getting a pacemaker put in. At first I felt like I wouldn't be in on anything on the board for awhile, and then I realized that no matter what, my sewing gives me time to be alone and helps me to get my mind off things. Also, as someone brought up, I can take sewing along with me if I am waiting around in the hospital.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:16 AM

Susan, sorry to hear about your dad. My dad also had a lot of heart problems. It runs in the family. I had a scare like that with my brother a couple years ago. He was only 69. He didn't get a pacemaker but is on several meds and is doing great. He even ran a 5K last 4th of July. I'm sure your dad will get along just fine with the pacemaker. My thoughts are with you and your family. {{Hugs}}
Old 02-23-2014, 08:32 AM
Power Poster

Thank you klaws.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

Susan, My prayers are with you.

Don't forget just 2 more days till sign up.
if you're wondering what to make, I have extra ideas or bing green pincushions or spring or st pats. to get some good ideas. also etsy and ebay have some great ideas. For this swap. i'm doing a tiered PC it's green, of course.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:33 AM
Power Poster

Hi everyone. I want to thank the ladies who offered me needles. I really appreciate them. I'm using an old old old computer that is very slooooooow. Most of the time I can't get it to turn on. So until I get mine from the repair shop it will be hit and miss. I hope Judy can pass on my info from this month to the new leader in case I'm not able to get on here in time. I would like to do 1 NC and 1 PC. Lynnie I have a pin cushion ready too. See what a good influence you have been. lol. I even have a few fancy pins made to put with it. Hope you stay with us Judy and enjoy the swap too. Susan,good luck to your dad and I will keep him in my prayers. hugs to all Mary
Old 02-23-2014, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
That is true lynnie. I guess that means I am going to be in on this. lol......I better start looking now. lol...

To the others, my dad had a heart attack a few days ago, but he is stable now. Monday or Tuesday he will be getting a pacemaker put in. At first I felt like I wouldn't be in on anything on the board for awhile, and then I realized that no matter what, my sewing gives me time to be alone and helps me to get my mind off things. Also, as someone brought up, I can take sewing along with me if I am waiting around in the hospital.
I hope that your father is better now. Prayers are being sent
Old 02-23-2014, 01:19 PM

Susan sorry to hear about your dad, isn't wonderful all the things medicine can do now to help our loved ones. When my mom was in the hospital I did a lot of knitting. It was wonderful therapy for me. I couldn't concentrate well enough to read and just sitting there would have been too stressful.