Boom 11 - SLOW & EASY

Old 02-24-2014, 03:28 PM

Know what you mean. My daffodils are blooming as well as my forsynthia is starting to pop out. It's supposed to start getting colder again tomorrow. Chance of snow again by the end of the week. There goes my little pretties. I may just cut them and bring them in to go into vases so I can save them for a little bit anyway.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:21 PM

Flowers can hardly believe that, how wonderful. We have at least 5 feet of snow in the backyard. The bird feeder is even with the snow.

I have one block left to go, had a great weekend with lots of sewing time and accomplished quite a bit.

Terriamn
Old 02-24-2014, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Flowers can hardly believe that, how wonderful. We have at least 5 feet of snow in the backyard. The bird feeder is even with the snow.

I have one block left to go, had a great weekend with lots of sewing time and accomplished quite a bit.

Terriamn
Libster and Terriamn,

Looks like we are all in different zones, but one thing we have in common is that we can love the anticipation of spring! Getting ready to bunk in for more quilting time! Stay warm....more hot chocolate!

Bee
Old 02-24-2014, 07:19 PM

Throw a peppermint and a Hersheys Kiss into that hot chocolate and let it melt. Maybe a few small marshmellows too. UMMMMM..good stuff! Nothing better when it's cold out.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:53 AM

I really like this block, too! Thanks for making it for me Old_Rosebud.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
Hello S & E boomers!

A quick note to you know I have finished up my blocks for this swap. There are a couple of hand-finishing tasks left on a couple of them and 1 second block I am finishing and then off to Janice. Quick question:

Since the flat-rate envelope doesn't restrict the ability to add extra fabric in the envelope, is anyone interested in having leftover cuts from the fabric I added to your block?

Getting ready to seal up envelopes to prepare for shipping.

Thanks,
Bee
If you haven't sent them of yet I would like mine back as I do not have anymore left. Thanks
Old 02-25-2014, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
If you haven't sent them of yet I would like mine back as I do not have anymore left. Thanks
Nel,

I have not mailed yet, so no problem. I have some extra things in your envelope anyway....the rest of your fabric and some of mine that I used to make your block.....you can play with some ideas
Old 02-26-2014, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
I have a piece about 11x7 I will return.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:28 AM

Oldrosebud, you are doing a good job on your blocks. Am excited to get mine back.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:28 AM

Am attempting 1 a night, have 3 done, will post pictures on Monday!! Hopefully by then I will have more. Weekend usually better to work on them. I am having sew much fun. I have the Sew Inspired design set and have not used it until last night. Not perfect, but I think it came out fine!! Also used my "curve easy" foot, that thing is awesome. That is what I like about the swaps, aside from all the wonderfull blocks received from wonderful people, is the opportunity to try out new tools/techniques/ideas without the committment of a large project!!