Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a Boom  NEw New New - Signups Closed >

Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Old 02-24-2014, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
I've got the predeployment nerves to deal with so I was having a hard time focusing on sewing yesterday/today. Thankfully I got these done right (because they're both paper pieced) but there came a point when I said, "This is it for the day." And I walked away and balanced the checkbook instead.

Hopefully things will be better tomorrow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463873[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463874[/ATTACH]
Beautiful blocks! Hope today is a better day for you. Some days we need to find more courage than usual. Those days make us stronger so that we can make a difference in the lives of others. Wishing you peace.
Bee
Old 02-25-2014, 03:52 PM

Default Patriotic Block for MamaHauser

This block is for MamaHauser!

I bought this fabric thinking I might want it for a special project....and this is it! I really enjoyed making it into a block. Making it has made me realize how precious our freedom is....thinking all day....about you and many things!
Bee
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Repeat Boom Quilt Block for MamaHauser.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	464493  
Old 02-25-2014, 03:55 PM

Here is a close-up of the center of the block for MamaHauser

Name:	Repeat Boom Quilt Block - For MamaHauser -Close-Up.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	747.8 KB
ID:	464500  
Old 02-25-2014, 07:33 PM

Bee!!! My jaw dropped when I saw your crocus! We've got 3 feet of snow in our yard. My tulips are a long time coming! My husband was driving us to a shop this evening and almost passed it because we didn't see it from the road like usual. There was a mountain of snow about 12 feet high lining the road where the shop is located, where trucks had pushed up the snow from the big parking lot. I said, "It's going to be a lake when it melts," and he replied, "It's gonna be a flood!"

What a great block for MammaHauser! I love the use of the red and the blue-- it makes it look like 2 friendship stars.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:37 PM

I love it. And I'm originally from NY so that's even an added bonus (although I've only ever been to the city once). I can't wait to get these together!

And for you people with green stuff... shhh. We got 15" over Sun/Mon and we're due for another whomping here Thurs/Fri/Sat along with negative temperatures again. I'm not complaining but it's no fair rubbing it it when you've got spring and we haven't even made it to our "heavy snow" month.

Last edited by TheMamaHauser; 02-25-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:22 PM

Here's my first block for this group. The pattern was called 'Arizona' where I found it, but I know when you change the colors around then a pattern can be called by a different name... so maybe it's something else, because I didn't use the colors like the pattern showed. The center yellow matches the words pretty close in color, I hope it's ok. It's going to be one bright quilt with all this yellow and white! :-)

Name:	buslady.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	464539  
Old 02-26-2014, 06:04 AM

BEAUTIFUL! I am really excited about this one!! I just love the gold in that fabric, and it will be very light and bright when done. Gonna try to keep it light. Thank you so much!!
Old 02-26-2014, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
I love it. And I'm originally from NY so that's even an added bonus (although I've only ever been to the city once). I can't wait to get these together!

And for you people with green stuff... shhh. We got 15" over Sun/Mon and we're due for another whomping here Thurs/Fri/Sat along with negative temperatures again. I'm not complaining but it's no fair rubbing it it when you've got spring and we haven't even made it to our "heavy snow" month.
MamaHauser - Glad you like the block! Always wanted to visit New York. Maybe each of us will get the chance one day. Since I posted the photo of the crocus, I have been getting snow reports from many in our group. Unbelievable how much snow fell this winter in places. We had 6-8 inches here in the Tennessee Valley! That is unusual for us. No more "blooming" updates until after Mother's Day!
Old 02-26-2014, 07:24 AM

Givio,

Beautiful Block! Bright-sunny yellow is one of my favorite colors! Well done!

And a special note to all my fellow swappers......no more "green" reports from the almost south :))). Feel for all of you who are measuring snow by the numbers of feet left on the ground. The good news is that spring will come and we will all want to escape the sewing room and take in some vitamin D. So happy "sew" days.

Note to self: Tennesseans should never discuss snow with people from Montana, Minnesota, Canada, Wisconsin, etc. :::))) Off to the sewing room!
Old 02-26-2014, 01:44 PM

Just finished block for Moonrise!

This block was not as complicated as it looked. Thank you for the half-square triangle pattern! I love it! It has now joined my other rulers for when I was the right sized, 4 inch half-square triangle. This would make a really cute quilt for my grand daughter!

Name:	Repeat Boom Quilt Block - For Moonrise.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	464679