Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cat in the store? >

Cat in the store?

Cat in the store?

Old 02-27-2014, 07:41 AM

AH AH AH CHOOOOOOOOOOO! sniff sniff ... NO cat quilt shops for me........ I also hate to see PET dogs in grocery store carts... Not all of us want to put our food where a pet has been shedding or ??????
Old 02-27-2014, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I think too many forget it is the owner's store. I have a problem with people who say No you can't do that because it bothers me. Don't spend your money there and tell them why and then leave them alone.
That's fine; I have NO problem with not spending money in a place where a cat resides. But it would be nice to be fore-warned that a cat is in residence before I enter. I'm not allergic as in a couple of sneezes; I'm allergic as in, whelps break out, my eyes swell shut and I can barely draw breath.

People are more than entitled to do as they please in their shops, but at least warn me it could cause serious health issues to enter!
Old 02-27-2014, 07:44 AM

I like cats & dogs but they should not be in quilt shops. I'm not allergic but I don't want animals on my new beautiful fabric!!
Old 02-27-2014, 07:56 AM

I love both cats and dogs and kids, and I don't feel the cats and dogs are any more dirty than some snotty kids and babies.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:59 AM

I agree with you!
Old 02-27-2014, 08:02 AM

Default Animals in quilt shop

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
Last fall we went to Hilton Head and Savannah. We took our Pommie, Toby Bean, with us. We visited a small quilt shop in Garden City called Sew Much More. It was "pet friendly" and the ladies all swooned over my old man! Interesting too that the Home Goods store in Hilton Head was pet friendly also!

I know that I think cats and quilts go together but the number of people allergic to cats far outnumbers the number of people who are allergic to dogs.

There are some hypoallergenic cat breeds but they come with a hefty price tag!
Bonnie doesn't have animals in the store herself but she does allow customers to "show off" their little pets. Great picture of Bonnie with you and your little dog. My favorite store in the area. Personally I don't think a quilt shop is a place for any animal.

Last edited by marys; 02-27-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:19 AM

I don't have a problem with an owner's animal being in the store. Their store, their animal. I am a huge animal lover. That being said, I don't have allergies so can well understand your feelings. Several years ago, went to a quilt shop that was an extension of a person's home. She had 4 cats in there. It was not a good situation. They all looked sickly. Runny eyes, scruffy coats. That's okay, no one is forcing you to interact. What was really nasty though was piles of cat hork/furball spitup on the rugs, on bolts of some fabric. No thanks. I didn't stay long and wouldn't be back. If you have an animal in the public eye, you must be very vigilant.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:42 AM

Cat in store and all over everything would definitely cause me to go elsewhere.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

Soome older buildings have issues with mice. I like cats better than mice.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:52 AM

2 thoughts..

Just because you are ordering on-line doesn't mean there aren't cats/dogs in the building they store/ cut/ package their fabric. I would think maybe more likely to have them there than a store which invites the public in...

I love animals, all kinds, but they are not people. I don't get the whole stroller for the dog, take my pet everywhere thing. And the pet probably doesn't get it either and would much rather be lounging around the house. In my opinion, pets belong at home (stationary or mobile) or on a leash outside for a walk. Believe it or not, they can live without their owners for a couple hours, leave them home.