Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 02-27-2014, 10:55 PM

This sounds great to me. I have recently cleaned and organized entire sewing room and closets. i put all UFO's in clear zipper bags and now I am motivated to start. My goal is to finish by December 31. 2014. WoooHoooo!!!!!
Old 02-28-2014, 02:15 PM

Love the butterfly runner, so very pretty.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:27 PM

Here are my two finishes for the month of Feb. The first is an Xs and Os from MSQC, top made last year at this cold and gray time when I was so hungry for some color! I used A Simple Life's suggestion to sew on either side of the seam instead of SITD for the body and QuilterMomma's suggestion of a beadboard pattern for the border. Thank you, Ladies!
The second topper is from a few years ago, when our Thimbleberries Club ended and morphed into the Breakfast Club. We met for breakfast and made a top from presellected fabrics, each month's different. I think this one was from Nov or Dec. Feels good to be able to finish them!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	464982   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	752
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	464983  
Old 02-28-2014, 06:12 PM
Power Poster

Lovely finishes QltrSue
Old 02-28-2014, 08:24 PM

I love looking at all the beautiful quilts that have been finished since I was on last! (I've only got time to skim right now )
[ATTACH=CONFIG]465024[/ATTACH]
This quilt came to me from a friend as a baggie of blue, two inch blocks that sat(aged to perfection) for a time before snagging me, and some muslin scraps, into making a top. I finished this little one and gave it to my friend to quilt. Which she did in a sweet daisy pattern. It now has it's binding on and may soon get a label for the back. All that remains then is to ship it off to my goddaughter. (and get some final pictures once we find/replace the camera)
My next ufo is a pile of blocks sitting by my machine which I have been trying for days to motivate myself to assemble.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9849.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	465024  
Old 03-01-2014, 04:21 AM

Thank you, OK!

NanaAc, what a great finish! Amazing what can happen when simple pieces meet imagination and effort. Love the border.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:42 AM

QltrSue...... Toot...Toot. blowing the whistle for you.... 2 more finishes..... Yeah. Your red/pink XO quilt really pops. What a perfect quilt for February..... valentines' day, and all. ....Very Nice. And the brown/green one is super, too. Those colors are my favorite.... I guess that's why I like Thimbleberries fabrics so much. They tend to use the fall colors. .... Nice pattern for the blocks... I bet that group is a fun time.

NanaAc, your quilt reminds me of a giant checker board.... such a great way to use up a bunch of 2" blocks. My problem would be that I didn't have enough or they were all different colors, etc. But, yours really pulls together well. And your border is perfect for your design. Great Job!! Toot ...Toot.... another finish for February.

Well, it's the start of March, although the weather outside doesn't look like it here. I've been laying out my OBW quilt into the sandwich and then, I'll be ready to quilt it. I'm going to FMQ this one and that might take me a few days. So, I'll be adding it to the finished pile soon..... Yeah!! And I thought I was down to 1 last UFO..... then I remembered that I bought a top at an auction several years ago. I guess I need to add it to the list and finish it up. It just has to be sandwiched and quilted. Since I didn't make it I don't know what problems I'll find when I lay it out.... I hope not many.

So, welcome March (in like a lion)..... more UFOs need to be turned into works of art.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:09 AM

Well, for anyone that might be keeping track, it appears we had 21 finishes in February! Great job everyone. I am anxious to see what everyone finishes in March! We certainly have a lot of talented people here....
Old 03-01-2014, 08:38 AM

I just can't say enough what a wonderful group you all are! I don't think I'll get much done on UFO's this month either as I still have to finish the 2 comfort quilts and I'll be heading to California for a 3 week visit with my sisters later on this month.
I do have a UFO waiting for me there, tho, LOL! Maybe I can finish that one and count it. I'm not sure what it is but my sis says it is something I started for her last time I was there and she never followed up on it. She says laughingly that it is waiting for me.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:38 PM

Love all the nice finishes for February. I was hoping I would have one done by now but didn't happen. Was all ready to take it to the LA lady but that got postponed because of company coming. Sigh. But my goal is for sure to get it done before end of year! I should be able to do that, at least. Will enjoy seeing everyone else's prolific completions in the meantime.