Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MARCH  Fat Quarter Swap! SPRING FLOWERS!!! >

MARCH Fat Quarter Swap! SPRING FLOWERS!!!

MARCH Fat Quarter Swap! SPRING FLOWERS!!!

Old 03-11-2014, 06:46 AM

They are perfect..no need to be sorry. I can see some new hexagon table mats for my kitchen with these little beauties. I have lots of blenders, etc. to go with them so should get 4 new ones. I've been playing with those "Angle Play Rulers" so might use some of those patterns. I love them and the points are perfect every time plus they look so much like paper pieced blocks (which I can't do) that look amazing.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
me too, strange they haven't posted anything .. hopeful today you will hear from them sustraley.

I am excited to see the beautiful fabrics that were received. Would you be so kind as to post them?

last: if you have sent and notified me great, if you haven't written me to say you have or why you haven't it would be great to hear from you also. Soon as I see most of the fabrics received and all are accounted for I can post a new swap. I am changing things up next month. I am going for partners. I know its not your first choice but its the only way I can do it safely without once again forgetting someone. I will be giving partners out and you will trade your address's with each other. This is a good way to know your partner did indeed get your mailing information and that its safe to mail. NO more missing envelopes you can check directly with your partner and you still will be surprised at what you receive. Phew. I had four mess ups this month. Some my mistake some yours. I am running out of fq's myself!!! ahhhh!!! lol kidding seem to have an endless supply of those. Well that is the update of the day. Wish you all a great morning off to whip out the door for dialysis. See you this afternoon and what fun surprises the day brings!
Brat
I think this is a terrific idea! I mean it's still a surprise what fqs are sent/received...And it does take away the "wondering if..." aspects. And if the 2 swappers wish, they can let each other know more specifically what fqs they would like, under the generalized theme, of course. In my case I always say, "Surprise me!". And honestly with all these fqs I have received being in this swap so long, I have received some that I probably wouldn't have picked out at first glance, but I ended up really liking them! Such as paisleys...As many of you know (ahem.lol) I wasn't a lover of paisley. I have never said "Yuck, this paisley you sent was u.g.l.y.." lol. That being said, I am now eating crow with both feet in mouth (try it, hard to do...) as I have grown to really like most paisley fabrics! I know, crazy Kif!
I also think when I sign up for these swaps, what a lot of work that our hostesses volunteer to undertake for us, and I try to keep it easy for them. I also know when I sign up, I am signing up to get what I get...Now let me add, that doesn't mean it's ok to just send cast off stuff, F8's instead of fqs (that's a different swap..haha). I know some stuff like that happens, rarely but it does. I meant that I try and send what I myself would like to receive. And if the sender is sending out what they themselves would be happy to receive, then that's great. I know we all have varying tastes..that's one thing that makes these swaps so fun!
So a BIG thank you to all of you hostesses! And a big thank you to all of the people who participate in these swaps wholeheartedly!
I'm done with the "novel" , sorry for all the blabbing....
Loving the fqs pictured so far
K
Old 03-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Power Poster

Such pretty fat quarters being posted. Jvan we both got the same pretty pink one, kinda cool!
Old 03-11-2014, 01:47 PM

ran the dogs to the mailbox. Nothing yet. It's like waiting for Christmas! I'm getting so excited....
Old 03-11-2014, 02:44 PM

My nice neighbor just called..... Lookie what came! Thank goodness it accidently went to the nice neighbor, the other neigbor would have kept it. Dont laugh, but they are 'those neighbors' you see in sitcoms.

But lookie what the spring fabric fairy shared....aren't they beautiful? Thank you, thank you. Oh my stars and garters they are so lovely.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	466752  
Old 03-11-2014, 03:43 PM

Grandma Peg, I just cannot post pictures no matter what I do. I'm so sorry. But I thank you and they are beautiful!
Ellie (sewellie)

Last edited by sewellie; 03-11-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:51 PM

Here is the package I received from Jvan228. She also sent along a cute little Easter Basket with a little bunny and egg on it. So cute. Even the card she sent was very "quilty". Love everything. Thanks so much.

Trippgal---we must have the same sitcom neighbors..HaHa

Name:	march2.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	348.9 KB
ID:	466760  
Old 03-11-2014, 03:56 PM

Here are the pretty fabrics I recieved from Bullock2us, they are really pretty Thank you so much.

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	466761  
Old 03-11-2014, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
Grandma Peg, I just cannot post pictures no matter what I do. I'm so sorry. But I thank you and they are beautiful!
Ellie (sewellie)
I understandour pain.Whe my sons here fromTexa on time he tried in vain to get aic psted for me,and nothing. I have to take them with my cell phone ,then send them to my e-mail to save then I can post.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:35 PM

I received the sweetest fabrics on Saturday from carey.gravelle, the cutest Easter fabrics and very pretty spring flowers too, I'm sorry I can't post a pic, I did buy a new camera, but I haven't figured out how it works yet, I need to get my daughter over here to help me lol