Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone own a baby lock Symphony machine? >

Does anyone own a baby lock Symphony machine?

Does anyone own a baby lock Symphony machine?

Old 03-12-2014, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cinjossar View Post
Thank you all for the comments. I feel very responsible and conscientious now, lol. Seriously, I love the machine. Just trying to get past that large price tag.....
Machines are computers these days. Hence, the higher price tags. I paid $2300 for my Janome 9700 in 2006 and it was a shock to do so but no regrets ever ! They sew like a dream compared to mechanicals Imho.

sandy
Old 03-12-2014, 01:47 PM

I also have the espire and love it. It has many fine features that I would not want to give up.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:46 PM

OOOH, I did not know that. I will definitely check this out when I go back to the shop. Thank you.
Originally Posted by maminstl View Post
I had my Symphony for about 6 months before upgrading to the Crescendo. I liked it just fine, but aren't they replacing that model with the Aria? I believe that one has the harp space of the Crescendo, but the features common to the Symphony. If that choice is available, I would check it out.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:14 PM

I have the Brother Laura Ashley which is the twin of the Babylock Symphony and I love it. You might check at a Brother dealer because sometimes you can get a better deal on a Brother and they are the same thing in this model. I paid $1300, brand new, when they first came out.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:53 PM

I have the Symphony and wouldn't hesitate recommending it to anyone. Sews like a dream. So many wonderful features. At my age I especially like the lighting.

Go ahead....treat yourself. I'm sure you deserve it.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:07 PM

I have an Ellisimo and just love it. I look at the whole thing as an investment. The Symphony is recommended by ??can't think of her name. It's the one who does the Quilt in a Day. She says the Symphony is the best for quilting,
Old 03-13-2014, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda Lee View Post
I have an Ellisimo and just love it. I look at the whole thing as an investment. The Symphony is recommended by ??can't think of her name. It's the one who does the Quilt in a Day. She says the Symphony is the best for quilting,
Eleanor Burns.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:13 AM

I own the Babylock Audrey, Melody and embroidery machine Spirit. I have to say I am a Babylock fan. Never had a problem with any of these machines. I have a friend who owns the Symphony and she loves it! I agree with kathdavis that you may want to check out Brother since they belong to Babylock as well but the price ranges are better. I've heard very good things of the Dreamweaver so you may want to check. Good luck!
Old 03-16-2014, 08:02 AM

I've not heard anything from my dealer about the symphony being discontinued and replaced by the aria, BUT, if that IS the case, the aria is going to have a much higher price tag than what you would pay for the Symphony. The Espire/symphony has been out for several years with a proven track record. If the symphony will be a stretch for you to buy! I'd go with it since the aria is going to cost even more? JMHO
Old 03-16-2014, 08:33 AM

I did go to the dealer yesterday and she said that they are not discontinuing the symphony. Since she knew that the price was the deal breaker for me, she offered me the floor model for 10% off. I didn't have to think very long about that! I had her write it up and put some money down on it and she is having one brought in that was a demo for one home and garden show last month and doesn't have much sewing time on it at all. If I don't like the way it sews or looks, then we will talk some more about a different one. The saleswomen at my dealership are so very nice and helpful. I wouldn't consider going anywhere else. They are going out of their way to help me!