Boom 11 - FAST & FURIOUS

Old 03-11-2014, 01:51 PM

I'm using a Notebook PC with Windows 8.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:11 PM

I tried to post a comment on 3 peoples trader page but not sure at all if it worked. I don't think Im doing it right...I also didn't see any instructions and Im using Windows 7 on a laptop.

Question...do you all put labels on your quilts? With pens or actual label?
Old 03-11-2014, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
I tried to post a comment on 3 peoples trader page but not sure at all if it worked. I don't think Im doing it right...I also didn't see any instructions and Im using Windows 7 on a laptop.

Question...do you all put labels on your quilts? With pens or actual label?
I've done both but normally I use an actual label.

For feedback scores, i just did this on yours,. so here was my steps. Where is says feedback score underneath your avatar that shows on this thread, 12 (100%) click on it, it will go to a page that has all feedback comments. On all my computers from Win98 through Vista, look on the right hand side and you will see leave feedback score for----(and her name will be there) click on that. Next you will have a page that says " you were the" just click on it and you have an option to choose from, like buyer, seller, trade, click which one applies. Then it will say overall experience, positive...etc, click on the one that applies. Then it will have a bar that says short comment- that's where you write great to trade with, her blocks are....., never received my....When you're done with that scroll down the page a little bit and click on submit feedback. Try that and see if it works for all of you. These are the steps I just went through when I just left you feedback joanelizbay. Let me know if it works for you and you also libster
Old 03-12-2014, 03:25 AM

Thanks, Jaba, for the help. That's what I had been doing, the exception being where I was entering "Boom 11" for the swap url. I went back and left that area blank (it was optional) and it went right through.
Now, did you know you are only allowed to rate 3 people a day? So for the rest of you great swap partners, yours is coming, slowly but surely. I have enjoyed this swap so much.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:28 PM

Is there a web site or a business that will make labels for a person? I don't have a machine that will embroidery and the one lady I know in town wants $10 a label...I thought that was really steep!!
Old 03-12-2014, 04:44 PM

Jaba or anyone...what books on angleplay did you get? I just got Stunning angle play quilts, 42 patterns and Angle play blocks with 84 patterns. Found that one on Amazon for $5 used. Surprisingly only 4-5 of the patterns in the two books were the same! With my one set I bought I got easy pieces and Smashing Sets by Margaret Miller but I don't think Id use either of these books. One is how to place different blocks using borders of angle play and the Easy Pieces is about "using creative color play with two simple quilt blocks"... Just wondered what books you all had.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:18 PM

I bought Angleplay Blocks, do you think it's worth it to buy Stunning Angle Play also? I did everyone on the swaps I trade in 2 nights? As far as I know they all worked.

Terri
Old 03-12-2014, 06:30 PM

I liked stunning angle play quilts..its got 6 quilt patterns plus all the 42 block patterns. It shows them like the Angleplay Blocks does, color and black and white. it has 63 pages, about the same as the blocks one. you might try Amazon, they have used books that are really reasonable and mine was just like new. I got your Itrader so it must be working for you!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:24 PM

I have all Margaret Millers books and eventually will get around to using them all. I took the easy pieces class from her a couple years ago and really liked all the different things you could with the blocks. (see my albums) . And combined with Angle play blocks you can make some super cool quilts. (saw a couple of them at the Angle Play booth at the Portland quilt show a few months ago).
But, I tend to use EQ5 to design my own angle play quilts. I think somewhere a few years back I got some book or or just a CD that loaded the blocks into EQ5. Not sure if there is a disc for the newer EQ-s.
I have Smashing Sets book, and it has given me a few ideas. I may try out some of those ideas on my Boom blocks. But it is a much more detailed book with some (what I think of as) advanced designing.
But I do love using the templates to make some cool looking blocks for the swaps. I think my favorite thing about quilting is picking the fabrics and piecing a nice block. So swaps work well for me!

-
Old 03-13-2014, 05:00 AM

I have fallen in love with the Angle Play! I got the book and cut my own templates. That is a pain!!! When I can afford it, I plan on purchasing the acrylic set.